Menu

Spin off: Who would play your husband in a movie?

Most actors have dark hair and dark complexions, and my dh is blond. Maybe Robert Redford?

ETA: If Robert Redford plays my dh, can I play myself?

ETA: Personality-wise, my dh is more like Rodney Dangerfield or Ray Ramano. He can do a perfect monologue in the vein of Jeff Foxworthy or Bill Ingvall. In fact, Bill Ingvall would probably be a better choice to play him than Robert Redford.

ETA again: I asked dh and he said Clint Eastwood. :-)

Edited by LizzyBee

Harrison Ford. Dh walks like Ford and there voices are a little similar. Same color hair as well though Ford's is much thicker. Plus that wrinkling around the eyes when he laughs is sooooo DH.

Dh is a bit like Harrison Ford in Patriot Games. Quieter, the geek lecturing on strategy, etc. and dealing with brainy stuff, but quite capable of kicking somebody's backside into another dimension if necessary.

Case in point, on our way home from NYC in 2002, we had the misfortune of a drunk passenger who got pretty rowdy and was threatening to hit a female flight attendant (a federal offense of course). She was pretty small and clearly frightened. Dh was sitting close so he took his seat belt off, jumped up, grabbed the guy by the shirt, pulled him in close, and said in quiet but no uncertain terms, "You will shut your face, sit in that seat, buckle up, and I will not hear one single peep from your mouth for the rest of this flight, or I will shut you up and you will regret it!" The a male steward from first class heard about it, came out, looked at the guy, pointed at dh, and said "What he said!!!!". Then exchanged grins with Dh.

So, oh yeah, Harrison Ford would be perfect. Now if I only looked a lot like some of the women who have co-starred with Ford....that would be awesome! As it is, I'm probably a candidate for "what not to wear" and "how not to do your make-up".

Faith

I just asked my husband, and he said Napolean Dynamite :lol: which is so not true other than they're both white and share an affinity for bad dance moves and brunettes. I told him to pick again, and he chose Kevin James.

I can see that; especially the character he plays on the King of Queens tv show. Come to think of it, if we were a fictional couple - that's who we'd be. The King of Queens couple. :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:

I just asked my husband, and he said Napolean Dynamite :lol: which is so not true other than they're both white and share an affinity for bad dance moves and brunettes. I told him to pick again, and he chose Kevin James.

I can see that; especially the character he plays on the King of Queens tv show. Come to think of it, if we were a fictional couple - that's who we'd be. The King of Queens couple. :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:

Oh, I love that show!!!! You guys would be one of my favorite couples, then. :001_smile:

Oh, I love that show!!!! You guys would be one of my favorite couples, then. :001_smile:

I'm glad someone else can appreciate them. I'm not a huge tv-watcher, but I've always liked that show and sought it out - even now in re-runs. But when we tell other people that the Heffernans are our fictional couple dopplegangers we usually get looks of sympathy or bewilderment (that we'd admit to it) :lol:

YEAH! That is him...Kevin James. Love him. I am no "carrie" though. I don't look like her at all...well, maybe after she had the baby (IRL) and got a little heavier on the show. But before...no way!

David Duchovny (sans the personal problems, lol), or Robert :drool:Downey, Jr., although my dh now has much less hair than either.

William Petersen (CSI's Gil Grissom), but he'd have to lighten his hair a bit.

Oh, yeah, I have a big crush on Grissom. He's cute and there's just something about his antisocial personality that does it for me. :001_tt1: