Menu

Analytical Grammar for YOU

blakereese

In reading the self-teaching thread, I noticed that many of you are using Analytical Grammar to brush up on your grammar skills. I need to do this, too! :blush:

When using this to teach yourself, which books do you buy? I don't know if you just need a TM, or what? There seem to be quite a few books in the program. Also, where is the best place to purchase what I need?

TIA!

You need both the TM and the student book.

In the TM all the sentences are parsed and diagrammed and it would be impossible to look at the sentences without seeing how they are parsed. So you need the Student Book for the exercises and the TM for the answer key (and grading). I'm not even sure you can buy the TM seperately.

They also sell seperate exercise books, but you only need those if you want to keep your skills fresh when you stretch out the course over a 3year period. I don't think they are necessary for an adult self-studying.

I don't know if there are other places selling AG, I bought from the author's site.

HTH,

(BTW, I really like AG. Therefor, I probably need to add a disclaimer to my posts, that every grammar mistake you see is *despite* AG and because English is a foreign language to me. I don't want my posts to reflect badly on AG :D)

(BTW, I really like AG. Therefor, I probably need to add a disclaimer to my posts, that every grammar mistake you see is *despite* AG and because English is a foreign language to me. I don't want my posts to reflect badly on AG :D)

English is also my second language. It has been my home language for over 20 years, but I never got the grammar instruction that I will need to teach DD's.

I am glad to hear that you like it.:001_smile: