Menu

Flash Mob performs Handle's Messiah in a food court

I would have jumped up and joined them. I don't think I could have helped myself! :)

Anyone else?

Oh, yeah! I'd join in as well. I've sung The Messiah so many times it's like muscle memory kicks in.

Is there Flash Mob or, what are those other things, Culture Minute (?) etiquette?

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, yeah! I'd join in as well. I've sung The Messiah so many times it's like muscle memory kicks in.

Is there Flash Mob or, what are those other things, Culture Minute (?) etiquette?

I think so. If you look below and click on more info, the photography company that put this on got permission from the mall. You'd have to in any building like that for a variety of reasons, I would think. Notice how they had their accompanyist playing Christmas songs ahead of time; just that would have had to have been pre-arranged.

I do believe flash mobs expect people to join in, but usually not many do.

In this particular one, I believe there's a retired gentleman who doesn't seem to be much of a singer, but he stood up and sang with the others. I say that because he seems to be mumbling, and definitely doesn't have his mouth wide open like professional singers.