Menu

IPad Question / XPost HS Board

We are thinking of having dd 15 use an IPad instead of a laptop for her schoolwork. One question - she is an avid photographer, and we are wondering what the possibilities are for her to edit photos on an IPad. Currently, she uses Photoshop on her laptop, but the laptop is just about dead. Does anyone have any thoughts?

We are thinking of having dd 15 use an IPad instead of a laptop for her schoolwork. One question - she is an avid photographer, and we are wondering what the possibilities are for her to edit photos on an IPad. Currently, she uses Photoshop on her laptop, but the laptop is just about dead. Does anyone have any thoughts?

There is a trickle of "photo filter" software for the iPad. But nothing like Photoshop. And the memory limits on an iPad would be too small to hold my photo collection. Some of the drawing programs (which one can import photos) are quite interesting.

But for photo imaging/editing, as much as I love our iPad, I move to Photoshop on the desktop. I don't think the iPad is the ideal choice is she is a serious photographer/Photoshopper sorry to say.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. This confirmed what we were thinking...we were just hoping that there was something out there for the IPad that we may not have heard of. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

New stuff comes out every day. And I would love to try photo image editing with my finger they way I can draw on the iPad (because it is really cool).

But.....well you know. Not yet.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. This confirmed what we were thinking...we were just hoping that there was something out there for the IPad that we may not have heard of. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

New stuff comes out every day. And I would love to try photo image editing with my finger they way I can draw on the iPad (because it is really cool).

Before posting this I found a Photoshop Express App, and downloaded it (just to make sure I wasn't giving you bad advice). But this app is very far from a professional image editor.

Bill