Menu

Wii questions

We've decided to finally get a Wii this Christmas and I'm doing a bit of research on bundled deals and it's too confusing. I thought I wanted to get the Wii Fit, but I'm seeing Wii Sports and Sports Resort. What's the difference between the latter two? And if I get the latter two, is the Fit nice to have as well, or would it just be overkill? What is a motion plus controller and is it necessary? What other components are necessary, or what are good to have?

If you were to put together your own bundle, what would it include?

TIA :tongue_smilie::D

We've decided to finally get a Wii this Christmas and I'm doing a bit of research on bundled deals and it's too confusing. I thought I wanted to get the Wii Fit, but I'm seeing Wii Sports and Sports Resort. What's the difference between the latter two? And if I get the latter two, is the Fit nice to have as well, or would it just be overkill? What is a motion plus controller and is it necessary? What other components are necessary, or what are good to have?

Wii fit is a board that you stand on; Sports & Sports Resort both use the remote controls. Sports has tennis, bowling, boxing, golf & baseball - it's the basic disk that started the wii. Sports Resort has lots more, like rowing, frisbee, fencing, archery - it's the updated version and some games use the motion plus that plugs into the back of the remote. Wii fit is another $100 on top of the basic system; I think all new systems come with Sports AND Resort, and one of the motion plus attachments. Whether it's worth it depends on your goals. We really like it, but you can play lots of games that don't use the board. I'd get an extra controller & nunchuk, because most of the basic systems only come with one. Rent some games to try them out after Christmas instead of buying a bunch right away.

Keep in mind, Wii Fit is more like an exercise game. The point of it is to get "fit".....whether or not it works could be debated, but that is the point.

Wii Sports and Wii Resort are video games, active games, yes, but still video games. Some of the games will get you working, but still more about fun, then exercise.

TIA :tongue_smilie::D

We got ours purposefully for exercise. Our dc do twenty minutes of WiiFit each morning. It is a great way to get dc more active with the game. We are getting Sports Active after the holidays, too.

PP explained the Sports and Sports Plus well. We have those, plus the new WiiParty that just came out, Tetris, MarioKart, and a "mind puzzles" type game. We try to focus on games that are fun for a group of people and/or are physical. Dc and I play Tetris or Party for a bit of a break each day. We have four remotes, so we can play head-to-head. The only game so far that we have that requires the motion plug-in is Sports Resort, but dh loves it, so it was worth it. :D

The Wii has been a great way to get us playing another type of game together. We already play board and card games, but the Wii is more active and exciting.

Ok, so Sports and Sports Resort is what we'll go with for now. Are there particular games that you would need the Fit board? If I wanted My Fitness Coach, could I use the controller?

There aren't a ton of games that use the balance board. I don't know about Fitness Coach, but if you look at the box (in the store or online) it will show a picture of the board or of the remote, or anything else it needs. We use the fit board for Wii Fit, skiing, and Rabbids, but skiing and Rabbids can be both played with or without.

There aren't a ton of games that use the balance board. I don't know about Fitness Coach, but if you look at the box (in the store or online) it will show a picture of the board or of the remote, or anything else it needs. We use the fit board for Wii Fit, skiing, and Rabbids, but skiing and Rabbids can be both played with or without.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.