Menu

Need yummmmmy casserole recipe with no creamed soups :(

I am pre-diabetic, and am *supposed* to be on a 1500 calorie diet. It's pretty hard though. My family are used to certain things, and so am I. My kitchen repertoire is limited to family recipes with some new ones we've added from Pioneer Woman.... and she is sooooo NOT 1500 calorie recipe material!! LOL

So if anyone knows some good, yummy casserole recipes with no creamed soups (can't have any), please share :D Thank you!!

Spaghetti Bake:

1 lb penne pasta

1 jar/recipe spaghetti sauce

1 lb ground meat--we use buffalo, but beef works fine too

1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese

1/4-1/2 C parmesan cheese

1 bag frozen spinach (optional)

Cook pasta. While it cooks, brown beef. Stir in sauce and parmesan cheese. When pasta is just underdone, drain and add to meat and sauce; add spinach here, if using. Pour into casserole dish, sprinkle with mozz. and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. DH and kids love this comfort food dish. :)

Lisa, I was DX as prediabetic back in March.

I was then DX as allergic to Wheat and most carbs as you think of them.

I am now modifying that list to include rice occasonally and some gluten free bread occasionally. I avoid potatoes and all pasta except Rice pasta..occastionally.

I eat mostly veggies, meat and fruit.. ( I was not to eat any eggs, dairy, soy..etc..)

My numbers came down and I am no longer prediabetic in about 3 months of work. I have lost some weight, but every time I eat wheat....I start retaining fluid and stop loosing.

However, when I stick to it very carefully I loose several pounds a week.

You make cassweroles for the family, use whole wheat and just eat your protein and veggies separate. My protein is usually on top of a green salad.

It is harder with a family tho!