Menu

Something fun: the funniest names. . .

Ah, I forgot my own family tree!

Snowflake Theesfeld (born in a blizzard in the 1800s)

Hatevil Nutter (Hate-evil, could you guess he was a Puritan?)

Oh that reminds me...hubby has Snow in his family line. Of course you could imagine that there are at least three oddly named Snow men (no pun intended. Icy, Frost, and something else.

I love unusual and creative names. That said, my kids all have traditional names because my husband insisted. Our last name is Muslim as is my husband's middle name. His middle and last name match someone on the terrorist watch list, making air travel a huge hassle. So, aside from wanting to name one Espn, my husband insisted on traditional names. I vetoed Espn.

My oldest went to school with a boy named Divine. (Obviously mom and dad hadn't heard of John Waters.) His sister was Love, so together they were Love Divine, which I like.

I knew a Lake Summers in high school. My sister had a friend named September, but her birthday was in April.

My second son's name is Edward Charles. My English friend thinks I have a royal family fetish.

I love quirky names.

I have an ancestor named "America." I love it. :) My husband had a great uncle who was named "UAlphus" and another named "Buel."

My grandmother was named was "Paulanna Mary Nancy" (Surname). Her father was Paul, and her mother was Anna. Mary and Nancy were her grandmothers. :)

When I was born, my mom she says that she shared a room with a woman whose name was Stein. She named her son Frank Nelson -- making him Frank N. Stein. :D

Lisa

Ancestors, LOL:

Merley Erwin

Gomin

Olin

Oh my, I could go on all night....