Menu

Killer Amazon deal: Verizon's DROID lineup for $.01 per phone w/contract

Here it is.

Friday, November 19, 2010, through Monday, November 22, 2010, save on all DROID phones starting at a penny from Verizon when you purchase them from AmazonWireless.com. Plus purchase a new Verizon device and receive an activation-fee credit for up to $35 for each qualifying line of service activated on a new 2-year individual or family plan account purchased from AmazonWireless.com between 12 midnight PDT on November 19, 2010, and 11:59 p.m. PDT November 29, 2010. This offer is sponsored by Verizon and is valid only in the United States.

Just so you know, Amazon charges their own early termination fee on top of Verizon's, if that's a potential worry. Activation fee will be charged, but credited back on your bill. The $.01 handset price is for new contracts. Upgrade prices are good too, but not $.01.

Did I mention that I love my DROID X? :D

Walmart.com and target.com has them for free too. You have to pay the activation fee though. Walmart.com has some rebate going on, not sure what plus a $100 gift card for ordering. I just ordered my Droid 2 last night and it will be waiting for us when we get back to the states next week. I'm so excited, I've never had a nice cell phone before!

Dang. Sounds like a good deal. But, I just added up what I'd need and it was over $90/month for ONE phone! Yikes!
It is pricey, and this is the main reason I put off getting a smart phone for so long. I can get away with a $40/450 minute plan because most of my friends are on Verizon (Verizon to Verizon calls are free), plus the $30 data and $5 texting. However, we get a good corporate discount through DH's work good on everything but the text plan. Add in Google Voice for free calls to Canada (though minutes apply) and that's all I need.

It is pricey, and this is the main reason I put off getting a smart phone for so long. I can get away with a $40/450 minute plan because most of my friends are on Verizon (Verizon to Verizon calls are free), plus the $30 data and $5 texting. However, we get a good corporate discount through DH's work good on everything but the text plan. Add in Google Voice for free calls to Canada (though minutes apply) and that's all I need.

Nice! I SO want a Smart phone. But every time I add it up, I decide not to. Dh's work pays for half of our cell contract. So I'm only paying $35/month right now for 1500 minutes (that we split) and unlimited texting. I really want to find something nice and cheap! I want it all!! Is that too much to ask? :lol:

I'm so excited, I've never had a nice cell phone before!
My old one made calls and did the barest approximation of texting, so this was a bit step up. The biggest thing for me (other than having PDA features, some great list apps... which it turns out I desperately needed) is the ability to read international newspapers whenever and wherever. It's great while I'm waiting for the kids at various lessons and activities.

Nice! I SO want a Smart phone. But every time I add it up, I decide not to. Dh's work pays for half of our cell contract. So I'm only paying $35/month right now for 1500 minutes (that we split) and unlimited texting. I really want to find something nice and cheap! I want it all!! Is that too much to ask? :lol:
That's a sweet deal. Is there no way to stay with that plan and add data for one phone with you footing 100% of the data bill?