Menu

I just have to say this......you can PM me if you think I'm wrong.......

You know it is bad when Grandpa brings you a bottle of his "Funny Chocolate Milk" (homemade baily's) and tells you he will bring re-fills whenever you need it....sigh....:grouphug:

Take your Xanax...and have a good sleep/cry etc....and get the kids some comfort food and a movie...and snuggle up. I wish I could give you a shoulder and a hug....I could use one myself...

~~Faithe (who needs the re-fill...GRANDPA!!!!)

Oh, Faithe -- Thank you --:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: and good thoughts coming your way - I hear you. :sad:

I will be going to NJ with dd11 and dd10 - dh will stay here with ds10 -- dh is coming down with the sinus/cold/bronchitis that the rest of us have finally kicked. I will be taking my two girls and my two granddaughters and my niece (who is nine) to some sort of Fairy Dress Up Performance Thing.........we will stay up there tomorrow night, and come back Sunday. Then we will go back up on either wednesday night or Thursday morning to have Thanksgiving with my daughter and her husband.

Kids already had Dominos; girls are watching a netflix play instantly; ds is listening to Christmas music and reading; dh is walking the dog. :) I think I can actually get to where I have been trying to get all day within the next two hours.l

Grandpa's Funny chocolate Milk is starting to sound REALLY good right now!

Back to cleaning and laundry!:grouphug:

Edited by MariannNOVA

I guess I am stressed. :crying: Stressed and sad. :crying: Funny, the everyday stresses do not go away when something terribly sad happens and one is forced to deal with the new stuff, the everyday stuff and all the collateral emotions.

I have a prescription for Xanax -- probably like a cat dose of Xanax -- I am actually going to take ONE XANAX.

I guess the kids are stressed too -- everything that happens affects each one of us.

OK - that's all - I am going to take ONE XANAX. That is all.:leaving:

PS - And I'm sure I was out of my mind thinking that the kids and I should get caught up with math today, huh?:banghead:

I hope your day got better.

Sometimes it's a good thing to put the math away, rent a fun comedy to watch with the kids, and put up your feet and enjoy.

:iagree::)

I hope your day got better.

Sometimes it's a good thing to put the math away, rent a fun comedy to watch with the kids, and put up your feet and enjoy.

8:53pm and getting ready to do just that. The packing and everything else can wait till the a.m. I feel as if I have earned the right to sit down and put my feet up....finally.:)

As usual, I'm a bit late on this thread.. Mariann, I'm glad you took the Xanax, heck with all you've been through I'd be asking for a double dose!

My advice is to try to unwind (with drink in hand, I personally like either Jack Daniels straight up or chai with a splash of vodka, depending my mood) and just spend some good old quality time with your kids and hubby.

How are your younger children dealing with this loss? I would bake some cookies, watch a good movie, play some board or card games, tell stories about when the kids were younger, about when you were younger, etc. Just take a bit of time out to let it all sink in for all of you, sometimes a loss is such a shock that it takes a few days for all the feelings to really come to surface.

You are all in my prayers. :grouphug:

Safe travels!!

Do what you need for yourself. After my ds died, I had to take a tiny bit of Xanax each night for about a month. My dh already has a prescription because he has panic disorder. For a little while, I thought I may need to actually go to a doctor. I was worried about taking his meds and them not being there when he needed them (which is not all that often). We have literally several hundred xanax because he doesn't take it that much. He calmly sat me down and told me that taking a quarter of a Xanax once a day was not going to run him out any time soon. I was so worried I would need it forever. Well, the truth is that I didn't and most days I am just fine now. But, do what you need to for yourself. Hugs.

Oh, Faithe -- Thank you --:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: and good thoughts coming your way - I hear you. :sad:

I will be going to NJ with dd11 and dd10 - dh will stay here with ds10 -- dh is coming down with the sinus/cold/bronchitis that the rest of us have finally kicked. I will be taking my two girls and my two granddaughters and my niece (who is nine) to some sort of Fairy Dress Up Performance Thing.........we will stay up there tomorrow night, and come back Sunday. Then we will go back up on either wednesday night or Thursday morning to have Thanksgiving with my daughter and her husband.

Kids already had Dominos; girls are watching a netflix play instantly; ds is listening to Christmas music and reading; dh is walking the dog. :) I think I can actually get to where I have been trying to get all day within the next two hours.l

Grandpa's Funny chocolate Milk is starting to sound REALLY good right now!

Back to cleaning and laundry!:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I was thinking about you and dd(and your families) today...hugs all around, and know good thoughts are coming your way. You are a good Momma! This is a tragedy, and nothing can change that, but loving on eachother certainly makes the burden easier to bear....

(and Grandpa did bring that re-fill today. He is an awesome man!)

Faithe

wait........................ did you CORRECT the math you did today?

Recipe?

As usual, I'm a bit late on this thread.. Mariann, I'm glad you took the Xanax, heck with all you've been through I'd be asking for a double dose!

My advice is to try to unwind (with drink in hand, I personally like either Jack Daniels straight up or chai with a splash of vodka, depending my mood) and just spend some good old quality time with your kids and hubby.

How are your younger children dealing with this loss? I would bake some cookies, watch a good movie, play some board or card games, tell stories about when the kids were younger, about when you were younger, etc. Just take a bit of time out to let it all sink in for all of you, sometimes a loss is such a shock that it takes a few days for all the feelings to really come to surface.

You are all in my prayers.

Safe travels!!

Do what you need for yourself. After my ds died, I had to take a tiny bit of Xanax each night for about a month. My dh already has a prescription because he has panic disorder. For a little while, I thought I may need to actually go to a doctor. I was worried about taking his meds and them not being there when he needed them (which is not all that often). We have literally several hundred xanax because he doesn't take it that much. He calmly sat me down and told me that taking a quarter of a Xanax once a day was not going to run him out any time soon. I was so worried I would need it forever. Well, the truth is that I didn't and most days I am just fine now. But, do what you need to for yourself. Hugs.

Honey, if it is only a cat sized dose. Take two. Their predecessor wasn't called mommy's little helpers for nothing. ;)

I was thinking about you and dd(and your families) today...hugs all around, and know good thoughts are coming your way. You are a good Momma! This is a tragedy, and nothing can change that, but loving on eachother certainly makes the burden easier to bear....

(and Grandpa did bring that re-fill today. He is an awesome man!)

Faithe

You guys are the BEST!!!!!! TO DENISE: :glare: :lol:

I actually looked at the prescription bottle - this IS so funny: it says I can take THREE a day as needed!!!!!:lol::lol: OMH!!!! I'd be higher than a kite. I've been taking one in the morning, and it has given me the energy to 'be there' for my daughter (and everyone else) so that is a good thing.

Personally, I think we need xanax in the drinking water instead of fluoride!;)

And, my sister and I both want the Jack Daniels Smoothie recipe and the recipe for Grandpa's Special Chocolate Milk!:D:cheers2:

And, again, your prayers and good thoughts have been such a blessing to my family! Thank you so much!