Menu

I just have to say this......you can PM me if you think I'm wrong.......

I guess I am stressed. :crying: Stressed and sad. :crying: Funny, the everyday stresses do not go away when something terribly sad happens and one is forced to deal with the new stuff, the everyday stuff and all the collateral emotions.

I have a prescription for Xanax -- probably like a cat dose of Xanax -- I am actually going to take ONE XANAX.

I guess the kids are stressed too -- everything that happens affects each one of us.

OK - that's all - I am going to take ONE XANAX. That is all.:leaving:

PS - And I'm sure I was out of my mind thinking that the kids and I should get caught up with math today, huh?:banghead:

IMHO with the week you've had, it's a day for extra hugs to and from your kids, hot chocolate by the fire, or a walk together or something that keeps you all close, no math! and a perfect day for Xanax.

Take comfort in their nearness, take the Xanax, cry or yell if you feel like it and realize that all the emotions you are feeling just prove what a good Mom you are - you wouldn't hurt so much if you didn't care so much. :grouphug:

And if the cat dose doesn't help, maybe a glass of wine with dinner. ;)

IMHO with the week you've had, it's a day for extra hugs to and from your kids, hot chocolate by the fire, or a walk together or something that keeps you all close, no math! and a perfect day for Xanax.

Take comfort in their nearness, take the Xanax, cry or yell if you feel like it and realize that all the emotions you are feeling just prove what a good Mom you are - you wouldn't hurt so much if you didn't care so much. :grouphug:

And if the cat dose doesn't help, maybe a glass of wine with dinner. ;)

Thanks - that's so nice -- I would actually LOVE to be by the beach drinking a good cup of coffee! We used to live on the beach when we were first married - while I don't miss the flooding and storms, I miss the fall days when the sun was shining and if wrapped in a blanket, I could sit out there for hours. Thanks -- that IS a nice memory!:grouphug::grouphug:

Honey, with the loss your family recently endured there is no way I could condemn you for taking a Xanax. Loss like that plus trying to deal with everyday life on top of it is enough to drive anyone over the edge :grouphug:

Oh, my thank you. Havng been raised by a mom who believed in a strict 'no emotions' policy (that's healthy, right :glare:) I am so unaccustomed to allowing myself to 'do what I feel like doing' but I can see that the shock has worn off somewhat and now it is time to function and deal. And, it is okay to have help with that, and totally the right thing to have these emotions. Sorry, rambling -- but thank you!:grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks - that's so nice -- I would actually LOVE to be by the beach drinking a good cup of coffee! We used to live on the beach when we were first married - while I don't miss the flooding and storms, I miss the fall days when the sun was shining and if wrapped in a blanket, I could sit out there for hours. Thanks -- that IS a nice memory!:grouphug::grouphug:

I know we are kindred spirits, Mariann. Last night I dreamed I was sitting on my favorite beach at daybreak, wrapped in a blanket, with a steaming cup of coffee. Some places are just good for the soul, aren't they?

BTW, take the Xanax without a second thought. Anna the Board Fairy hasn't been around for a while, so I'll be her delegate. *Poof!* Your holiday break begins today!

I know we are kindred spirits, Mariann. Last night I dreamed I was sitting on my favorite beach at daybreak, wrapped in a blanket, with a steaming cup of coffee. Some places are just good for the soul, aren't they?

BTW, take the Xanax without a second thought. Anna the Board Fairy hasn't been around for a while, so I'll be her delegate. *Poof!* Your holiday break begins today!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Thank you -- I know we are kindred spirits as well: (And I am SO joking about this part: Lice, Owls, Beaches, Coffee, decluttering) -- actually, yes, I know we are.

Thanks for stepping in for Anna. :grouphug:

Oh, my thank you. Havng been raised by a mom who believed in a strict 'no emotions' policy (that's healthy, right :glare:) I am so unaccustomed to allowing myself to 'do what I feel like doing'

I had that Mom too!:glare: In fact, we stopped telling her about our miscarriages because she couldn't deal with it and her lack of emotion made a bad situation worse. I loved her dearly, but the lack of emotions was hard.

I have vowed not to be that Mom, and it warms my heart to hear other Moms who support their daughters through these terribly difficult losses.

I have dealt with and worked through many issues in my life from the balcony of our beach house or wrapped in a blanket on the deserted beach, almost always with a cup of coffee (and sometimes with Bailey's Irish Cream in the coffee ;)) - the beach really is good for the soul.

I had that Mom too!:glare: In fact, we stopped telling her about our miscarriages because she couldn't deal with it and her lack of emotion made a bad situation worse. I loved her dearly, but the lack of emotions was hard.

I have vowed not to be that Mom, and it warms my heart to hear other Moms who support their daughters through these terribly difficult losses.

I have dealt with and worked through many issues in my life from the balcony of our beach house or wrapped in a blanket on the deserted beach, almost always with a cup of coffee (and sometimes with Bailey's Irish Cream in the coffee ;)) - the beach really is good for the soul.

Wow! So did I. Ummm, may I come over to deal with a few issues from your balcony? I'll bring the Bailey's and we can work through them together. ;)

We could always watch Steel Magnolias. That's what I watch when I want a good cry.

I was going to joke on facebook, but thought better of it because it would freak out my non-homeschooling friends--"This has been our best day of the school year! We got a math lesson done today!"

We actually had two phenom days this week. But on Wednesday my dd31 and her dh learned that their baby died in utero - she was 22 weeks. It's been rough since then, but I have been trying to hold on......school, co-op, Christmas cards for the troops, Christmas potluck on Sunday for co-op......and be as available as I can be for my dd.

My family and I have been lifted up by the prayers and good thoughts from the women (and Bill) on this board......I just think that today, though, with lots of travel ahead of us, and getting closer to being with my dd (they live in NJ), and the shock wearing off, well, today I am overwhelmed.

But, I know what you mean when you say that good homeschooling are worthy of being posted on F/B. They can be a rare occurence.

Enjoy and wishing you many more! You should probably just enjoy this one!;)

Aw Mariann - :grouphug:

It just s*cks dealing with a hard family tragedy from far away, doesn't it? I mean, you feel like you should be able to cope, but you just. . .can't. At least that's how I'm feeling these days.

Take it. Love your kids, love your husband. No guilt here.

Aw Mariann - :grouphug:

It just s*cks dealing with a hard family tragedy from far away, doesn't it? I mean, you feel like you should be able to cope, but you just. . .can't. At least that's how I'm feeling these days.

Take it. Love your kids, love your husband. No guilt here.

Oh, Heather -- you have been in my thoughts and prayers -- you are all dealing with something similar -- sadness and distance. I am lifting up your family in prayer -- and praying for your dd's audition!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

So, did you take it? Is it helping? Sometimes I wish I had a prescription for it, but I think I might like it a bit too much!

When do you leave?

Yes, I did. Remember, it is a cat (possibly even a kitten dose). The doc only wrote it for me because I was being weaned off one med and put onto another and I was waking having panic attacks - which, honestly, I have like once every five years (go ahead -- TRY and scare me! ;)).

Xanax is a funny drug -- it was explained to me that typically the xanax I take today, well, I really feel the effect of it tomorrow -- which means I should have taken today's xanax yesterday -- but I felt good yesterday because I had taken a xanax the day before. You get the idea.:glare: I took it finally today because I could not for another instant sit and explain mixed numbers and improper fractions in the nice calm tone of voice I usually use when doing Math. Because when I was a kid, math was a stressor for me so I try to do NO STRESS MATH. ;)

I will probably feel much better by tonight -- I have a ton of work to do this afternoon and we have to be on the road tomorrow by 7am -- we will come back Sunday in time for a h/s co-op potluck at 6pm.

The dose I take is so small that I can easily fight it and it would be useless and not work -- I've learned not to muscle my way out of what the med is trying to do.

I'm also trying to keep my mind occupied by praying for everyone on this board who needs prayers -- gosh, there is so much going on. And, that really helps. I sent the kids outside to play until they need to come in a do this craft thing for co-op. They are climbing on the Bridge To Terabithia tree.

And, if you spot that cabana boy, if he knows how to fold laundry, I could use him here too.;)

yeah, if Catwoman gives you the green light...:lol:

I am so sorry Mariann. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Ditto. Don't you make me come over there and give you a 1 armed beating!!

I think the only laughs I've had the past two days (go figure) have been from my homeschool co-op moms and you all here! Thank G-d I am homeschooling -- and I mean that with ALL, UTTER, and COMPLETE sincerity.............:grouphug:.......oh, and my sister emailed me something.......but she wasn't trying to be funny........but it is funny.......but I cannot share it here. Maybe I'll take a photo of dh's face when I tell him -- they say a picture is worth a thousand words you know.;)

IMP: Painkillers? Dentist? Am I going to have to come there and beat you with my two old flabby arms?:toetap05:

Well, my thoughts are...what kind of cat? If you're talking lion, tiger or cougar then woohoo and yeehaw. Move on over and make room on the couch cause we'll be drooling together.

Ahem, married to a man who is 11 years younger - obviously the COUGAR dose!:lol:

:iagree:

I see a home party business idea!!

I could email or fax a couple to both of you -- you could tell me what you think.;)

Ugh. It must be the time of year because I had the worst day EVER in my 4 years of homeschooling yesterday. Seriously. By 11am my kids had "lost" just about all I could take away. I had HAD IT. OMG. It was bad. Just a bad, bad day.

We are trying to play catch-up (behind because of multiple appointments) and I was hoping to have some kind of break but uh well, that's not going to a long break now.

I think I need to go to 9 week cycles year-round to prevent the burn out I feel coming on, around this time every year.

:grouphug: and um, well since I don't have your cat dose, dh almost ran to the store last night to buy me wine. ;)

Ugh. It must be the time of year because I had the worst day EVER in my 4 years of homeschooling yesterday. Seriously. By 11am my kids had "lost" just about all I could take away. I had HAD IT. OMG. It was bad. Just a bad, bad day.

We are trying to play catch-up (behind because of multiple appointments) and I was hoping to have some kind of break but uh well, that's not going to a long break now.

I think I need to go to 9 week cycles year-round to prevent the burn out I feel coming on, around this time every year.

:grouphug: and um, well since I don't have your cat dose, dh almost ran to the store last night to buy me wine. ;)

I have to tell you, if it wasn't for the 'cat dose' I'd be thinking about a nice glass of chardonnay......or a black russian.....or even a white one.;)

:grouphug: Take care of yourself.

Thank you so much!:grouphug:

Mariann,

I know exactly how you feel! Life can be so stressful. It feels like it is all I can do to tread water some days and keep from drowning! I feel that I am always playing catch up! Hugs and know that you are not alone! I am praying for you! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Susan: Thank you so much. You are also in my thoughts and prayers - I am thinking positive strong heartbeat thoughts for you! :grouphug:

I guess I am stressed. :crying: Stressed and sad. :crying: Funny, the everyday stresses do not go away when something terribly sad happens and one is forced to deal with the new stuff, the everyday stuff and all the collateral emotions.

I have a prescription for Xanax -- probably like a cat dose of Xanax -- I am actually going to take ONE XANAX.

I guess the kids are stressed too -- everything that happens affects each one of us.

OK - that's all - I am going to take ONE XANAX. That is all.:leaving:

PS - And I'm sure I was out of my mind thinking that the kids and I should get caught up with math today, huh?:banghead:

You know it is bad when Grandpa brings you a bottle of his "Funny Chocolate Milk" (homemade baily's) and tells you he will bring re-fills whenever you need it....sigh....:grouphug:

Take your Xanax...and have a good sleep/cry etc....and get the kids some comfort food and a movie...and snuggle up. I wish I could give you a shoulder and a hug....I could use one myself...

~~Faithe (who needs the re-fill...GRANDPA!!!!)