Menu

Need insight for history cycle plan

homefront

I'm working on a long term plan/vision of what I want my children education to look like but history is giving me issues. Should I make dc stay on one years cycle and go even deeper or move on to the next in the rotation? This dc I don't think is ready for more depth and we are covering history of every continent during the set time period. At the same time I don't want my dc rushing through history to get to the next thing.

Our history program is self built since nothing else would come close to what the eldest the can do in a year. I thought the mountain of books and discussion would work for full year, but once I think I have things down this dc jumps again. Busy work is striped from everything but my children do some wonderful open ended projects on top of writing and discussions. (dc is well past the halfway mark and our half year does not come until Jan. 6th)

What we are doing is working wonderfully for us, I just need time to plan where we are to go from here. Part of me just wants to move on the the next part of the cycle since I already have that planned out.