Menu

Readers?

twoxcell

Ok so my dd(5) is doing Reading Made Easy, and we are on like lesson 31. She desperately wants to read real books, and has been reading the 5 Bob books we own over and over this week. I have the whole emergent reader set except the Bible(from HOD), but she is not quite ready for those. Can anyone recommend some really easy phonics readers that I could use for her prior to the emergent readers? We also have the CLP phonics readers, which she likes.

Obviously, you can buy another set of readers to bridge the gap. Or, if you go to the library, most places have a pretty good easy reader selection. You can just look for books with mostly phonics controlled words. Some readers have them - most don't. But when we go to the library, there are always a handful. The Real Kids series has some easy ones labeled as phonics readers. So do the Step Into Reading series. Usborne also has a bunch that are phonics controlled - but most libraries don't have them. And the We Both Read series level one books are mostly phonics controlled (for the kid's parts anyway - grown ups need more advanced phonemes, lol). Plus, she's probably ready for Hop on Pop or maybe even Ten Apples Up on Top or some of the other classic early readers.