Menu

Anybody bored around here? Guessing game!

a ranch house?

No, but that's the best answer ever, so I'm still tagging you on the post. I <3 Breakfast at Tiffany's!

I love everyone's guesses and now I have some additional great ideas of things to knit. Keep the guesses coming. :)

Here's a hint: It's very tiny (but no, I'm not pregnant)

No, but that's the best answer ever, so I'm still tagging you on the post. I <3 Breakfast at Tiffany's!

Thanks!

I actually wondered if anyone else would know what I was talking about. I wasn't sure how many people have seen that movie. It's been a favorite of mine since high school.

Clothes for a Waldorf doll?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I'm knitting this for fellow WTMer patchfire's younger daughter's 2nd birthday! Her nickname is Purple Child and Patchfire and I made Waldorf dolls for our daughters for Christmas last year. I'm making a wardrobe for her dolly for her birthday!

Woohooo!!!

That is a really cute little sweater. How was it making the Waldorf dolls? Did you hand sew or use a machine? I've been thinking of making one but I would definitely have to hand sew.

There's a learning curve, for sure. I've been making them to sell for about the last two years (a touch ironic, I know, in light of my less-than-loving-Waldorf-method post today). Here are some of the dolls and doll items I've made over the last couple years.

I seam the bodies by machine and do the rest by hand. You can get presewn bodies from Weir Dolls if you don't want to fuss w/ doing that part by hand. Everything else has to be done by hand as far as I can figure. No shortcuts!

There's a learning curve, for sure. I've been making them to sell for about the last two years (a touch ironic, I know, in light of my less-than-loving-Waldorf-method post today). Here are some of the dolls and doll items I've made over the last couple years.

I seam the bodies by machine and do the rest by hand. You can get presewn bodies from Weir Dolls if you don't want to fuss w/ doing that part by hand. Everything else has to be done by hand as far as I can figure. No shortcuts!

Those are adorable, I love the pic with the doll wearing glasses- my dd's put their old glasses on their stuffed animals. Did you use the Kinder Dolls book for patterns/instructions? I have that book SOMEwhere, but haven't been able to find it lately.

Curious

Why do I have a mean looking face next to my name when I commented on your blog? I'm nice, honest. [just don't ask my kids. ;)]

It's randomly generated by the blog. Different blogs are set up for different randomly generated icons; I chose the faces.

I always recommend signing up for Gravatar (at Gravatar.com) -- it lets you sync you email address up with a specific image, so when you comment on any Gravatar-supporting blog, you'll get your pic, instead of the random image.

Those are adorable, I love the pic with the doll wearing glasses- my dd's put their old glasses on their stuffed animals. Did you use the Kinder Dolls book for patterns/instructions? I have that book SOMEwhere, but haven't been able to find it lately.

My first pattern was from Joy's Waldorf Dolls, but now I make my own!