Menu

What to use between SSL and LFC A

kristavws

We went on to LfC, but I've told DD that we're going to just work on the chants and learn a little, and will go back and do the DVD and focus on the grammar later. Depending on when she is when we finish LfC A, we may go on and do the same for B, too. We aren't writing in the book at all, but I do use some of the activity book pages (with sheet protectors over them, because I expect to go back and do them again when we do the grammar part), she plays some of the Headventure games, and I make some special worksheets for her.

I also added Minimus so she gets some reading in Latin, and she enjoys substituting the words she knows from SSL and LfC into the Minimus dialogues, but I don't think Minimus by itself has enough vocabulary to keep her happy.

My 7-year old is cruising right through SSL. I do not think, however, that he is ready for LFC A. It seems like LFC A is really a step up from SSL. Does anyone know of a program that would bridge the gap?

Thanks,

Krista

I like Minimus followed by Getting Started with Latin before LFC A.

I think they could start LFC slowly, with some modifications, but I know this pair will get more out of LFC if they get another year of grammar under their belt first.

This is exactly why I would like to wait to start LFC A. My son also does not like to write, and there is quite a bit of writing in LFC A. He is a very young second grader.

Krista