Menu

Low fat snack suggestions?? (and a vent)

I have been on a pretty successful weight loss plan (my own) the last few months. I'm very careful about what I eat and have managed to pretty much eliminate all of my problem (addictive) foods (ie: chocolate and cheese).

This morning I thought I would allow myself 4 donut holes from yum yum donuts. I figured it was probably about 3 g of fat per donut hole....I got home and checked their website and according to it, they are 13 g per 1 donut. I can't imagine this is right but now I've exceeded my daily fat for the day and I'm so frustrated because it's not even 10am!!!!!

I'm also running out of low fat lunch/snack ideas. I'd like something I could munch on that is low in calories/fat but filling. (I can't do dairy) Any btdt suggestions? TIA :bigear:

I'm more of a low carb fan when it comes to weight loss, so that's where I'm coming from....

Fat is filling, so don't consider all "fatty" snacks to be bad. The idea is that low carb/high fat items fill you up faster so you eat less (and you're ~supposed~ to stop when you're full). For example, peanuts have lots of protein, but also fat, so they fill you up and give you energy.

ETA: and don't forget that your gallbladder needs fat to function correctly. I know more than one woman who has had to have her gallbladder out, and I know that these women had very low fat diets. (this may or may not have been the reason for the problems, of course)

Edited by gardening momma

I'm more of a low carb fan when it comes to weight loss, so that's where I'm coming from....

Fat is filling, so don't consider all "fatty" snacks to be bad. The idea is that low carb/high fat items fill you up faster so you eat less (and you're ~supposed~ to stop when you're full). For example, peanuts have lots of protein, but also fat, so they fill you up and give you energy.

ETA: and don't forget that your gallbladder needs fat to function correctly. I know more than one woman who has had to have her gallbladder out, and I know that these women had very low fat diets. (this may or may not have been the reason for the problems, of course)

Thank you for the suggestions :) Ironically, I have to keep a low fat diet because I had my gallbladder out a few years ago but my bile ducts keep growing stones :( When I overdo the fat, I wind up in horrible pain and my GI said the only treatment for it is this special scope that almost always causes pancreatitis. It's been a mixed blessing. I've been able to lose weight and I feel better...but I have to watch the fat intake (even the good ones :( )

Thank you for the suggestions :) Ironically, I have to keep a low fat diet because I had my gallbladder out a few years ago but my bile ducts keep growing stones :( When I overdo the fat, I wind up in horrible pain and my GI said the only treatment for it is this special scope that almost always causes pancreatitis. It's been a mixed blessing. I've been able to lose weight and I feel better...but I have to watch the fat intake (even the good ones :( )

gotcha

I like carrots....um, any vegetation will work though for low-fat. I'm not a big carb eater either, and I eat lots of dairy, so I don't know.

Popcorn? I love popcorn.....I love tortilla chips and salsa too.

Lots of salad with balsamic vinegar. Yum.

Chicken breasts if you need protein? Those are low-fat, right?