Menu

Secular government all laid out for me?

I need a US Government course that tells us exactly what to do on a daily basis. ;) Thinkwell is boring my son. He wants to think more deeply. I want questions, activities, essays and tests all laid out for us. I don't have time to develop a course this late in the game.

Oak Meadow maybe?

My dd thinks Thinkwell Government is boring too, but I need a course for her that she can do completely independently, so she's stuck with it.

Angie, I'm surprised you aren't using the OM for Government. Is there a reason why? I actually saw your name on this thread and thought to myself "Oh, there goes Angie recommending OM. Man, she beat me to it!"

So, since Angie didn't recommend it, I'd say the Oak Meadow Syllabus and accompanying text. It's what we'll be using next year.

ETA: I don't think if you just bought the print resources you'd get tests, but that'd be easy enough to remedy by just buying them (if available) from Amazon, or Glencoe.

Actually the whole entire reason I'm using Thinkwell for my 17yo at all is that it puts the ball completely in my dd's court. All I do is have her pull up the webpage and then I check to make sure that everything is checkmarked.

I need to have minimal interaction with this dd for her courses this year. She pushes every button I've got. It has been fantastic to be able to point her to the free tutoring lab when she has needed help for her cc courses this year (and the free tutoring was very good).

I probably will use OM for government for my middle dd. She works very well with me.

My oldest is just done working with me. Unless the course is for an outside teacher, she doesn't get the work done the way it should be. With Thinkwell, everything is completely objective. The answer is either right or wrong.

My dd thinks Thinkwell Government is boring too, but I need a course for her that she can do completely independently, so she's stuck with it.

Well, I can sure appreciate that. ;)

DS is home for the first time this year. He misses interaction with others, though, and Thinkwell adds to that, because he is learning very passively. DS wants to be more engaged.

Thank you, Luna, for the OM recommendation. :)

Actually the whole entire reason I'm using Thinkwell for my 17yo at all is that it puts the ball completely in my dd's court. All I do is have her pull up the webpage and then I check to make sure that everything is checkmarked.

I need to have minimal interaction with this dd for her courses this year. She pushes every button I've got. It has been fantastic to be able to point her to the free tutoring lab when she has needed help for her cc courses this year (and the free tutoring was very good).

I probably will use OM for government for my middle dd. She works very well with me.

My oldest is just done working with me. Unless the course is for an outside teacher, she doesn't get the work done the way it should be. With Thinkwell, everything is completely objective. The answer is either right or wrong.

Gotcha. I went through that with my dd and can completely appreciate where you are coming from.

Lisa, you're welcome.