Menu

Prince William to marry next year

Dear William and KAte,

Do yourselves a favor, elope! Go somewhere that journalists really don't want to go. Build a mansion there, dig a moat around it, and fill the moat with crocs and poisonous water snakes. It's the only way to get some peace. Be good to the locals and enjoy life in your remote location.

Faith

Build a mansion there, dig a moat around it, and fill the moat with crocs and poisonous water snakes. It's the only way to get some peace. Be good to the locals and enjoy life in your remote location.

Faith

William works as a search and rescue pilot, so they are planning on living in north Wales. It's a long way from London and the paparazzi.

Laura

I was in London days before the Diana and Charles wedding... Sigh... I might have to plan another trip. I just loved the atmosphere before huge weddings! My parents shipped me to London so I could eventually get the hang of English... their plan worked, I stopped failing my classes. Too bad the marriage didn't work as well as my learning English.

I'm happy for them, but I have to say that if I were Kate Middleton, I REALLY don't think I'd want Diana's ring :( There's so much sadness connected to that marriage, and I'd really want my own anyway!

I also think it's such a bummer that the press has been talking about this for weeks. I hope it was still a special moment and not an anticlimactic one for them!

I'm so glad to see this thread. I almost started one this morning, but thought people would think I'm a geek. I'm ridiculously excited because I love weddings and have fond memories of my mom waking me up early so we could watch Charles and Diana's wedding. I'm happy that I will be in a much better time zone to watch this one (we're one hour ahead of England). I can't wait to see what they do for the wedding.

It makes me very sad! I can't believe Will would do this to me! I know it's all for show. He really loves me.:lol::tongue_smilie:

I'm glad he is finally marrying his sweetie. I hope they can live a long, happy life together despite the intense media spying.

I just watched an interview with them (they're so cute) where they talked about getting engaged and he proposed with Princess Diana's engagement ring. Part of me thinks this is incredibly sweet (he said since she's not around to share the joy, he wanted to use her ring to bring her spirit into it), but another part of me thinks Really? That ring didn't exactly lead to great happiness.

I'm a total Anglophile, so this is very exciting to me! I remember getting up really early to watch Charles and Diana get married, and I plan to do the same for William and Kate!

I've got a feeling these two will make it, and live happily ever-after!

Veronica

I remember watching Charles and Diana get married too, but I was in the throes of wedding planning myself! I got married a few months after they did. I'm old!!!

I hope this young couple are able to live a great life together.

No way. He has a job and a responsibility to his country. I only hope that Kate understands and accepts her role. It isn't a romantic fairy tale, it's a lot of work.

After the catastrophes of the previous generation, I can only hope that this generation of royals and their consorts understand the job and take it seriously.

I do wish them happiness, I just don't have illusions that people in that position have the same options that we "normal" people have.

I suspect that given their very long relationship, she has had far more time to get used to what will be expected of her than the way it was launched on his mother.

I think that using Diana's ring is a lovely gesture, he obviously doesn't see it as embued with bad luck, which is a bit superstitious really. It's like my wedding ring was my mothers, I don't think that wearing it means I'll die in my 40's like she did, it's a way of connecting. I'm also very sure that he ran it by her first, in a kind of "so if we, would you mind" way.

Pray they have a good marriage and aren't overly swarmed with media and people.

:iagree: My thoughts, too. It must be hard enough being in the public eye. It must be terribly on a marriage to be hounded by papparazzi every time you turn around. I wish people could just leave them be.

Well, rats! That means my current bid to catch the Prince's eye and have him take me away from my commoner lifestyle are once again dashed!

Enough of a break. Time to get back to the sewing machine to finish dd's costume for the Christmas play.

Have you ever heard Christine Lavin's song "Prince Charles"?

I never really knew him, but I was hoping that we might meet

I knew I'd find him very witty. I hoped he'd find me sweet

but somebody beat me to him, ruined all my plans

some little conniving wench went and stole my man

She wrote it during Charles and Diana's engagement. It was hilarious when I first heard it, but the rocky marriage, etc., made it not quite so funny later. Still, it seems appropriate again. :D

Yes, yes, yes, this makes me smile. I'm such a romantic sot, and just the fact that they're prince and soon-to-be-princess puts it in the top spot in my need-to-watch list.

I loved watching Princess Diana and Charles' wedding, and I used to pour over pictures of her as a little girl, loving every outfit and every silly hat with matching pumps. I thoroughly disliked Prince Charles for hurting her and destroying the fantasy even though logically I'm sure he wasn't 100% at fault for that implosive relationship.

I thought the passed-down ring was a nice touch, actually. I hope they have a happily-ever-after. :)

no. He gets to be a play boy a while longer. I think the next thing for the journalists will be "baby fever". They might get to be married for 24 hours before the baby questions start.

Sorry-no need to wait. That was the question asked in their engagement interview. How many and when. Baby fever has already started.

The ring was his beloved mother's. That is all I need to know. That is an amazing romantic.

:iagree: He was close to his mother and I think that ring is probably among his most cherished possessions. I can't wait for the wedding. I think they're probably both better prepared than Diana was for the whole press thing.

For those who think it's weird to give Diana's engagement ring, I don't think Charles picked out the ring. I seem to recall he proposed with no ring and she picked it out. What a guy. :glare: And I don't mean to insult anyone here who followed the same path, but rather the whole back story of Charles and Camilla makes me sick and I felt for poor Diana.

Isn't this woman someone William has been with since college? I will google, but I don't recall a lot of press about his love life. If this is the same woman he has been with for forever, i think it's very interesting! Charles was a player...and perhaps because the crown wouldn't allow the Camilla thing to happen.

I think Charles & Diana were both railroaded into marraige. (I am embarrassed i have an opinion here lol). Perhaps this is a mutal love affair without strings or monarch sticky fingers in play.

Oh, wow. I just Googled it all...well, not hard...it was on every front web news page. ;)

Dang.

How sweeeeeeeeeeet. I need to lay off the royal kool-aid. They have been together for years...and are they adorable, or what?

PS Maybe QE II was right about dissing Camilla the first time. There is no way W & H would be the men they are without Diana & Charles as their parents.

Edited by LibraryLover

I was excited to see that another Royal Wedding is coming. I was fascinated with Charles and Diana's wedding. What fun it was! Oh, how I wish their lives together would have been better. :sad:

I thought it was wonderful William chose to use Diana's ring. How romantic!:001_wub:

I'm happy for them, but I have to say that if I were Kate Middleton, I REALLY don't think I'd want Diana's ring :( There's so much sadness connected to that marriage, and I'd really want my own anyway!

I also think it's such a bummer that the press has been talking about this for weeks. I hope it was still a special moment and not an anticlimactic one for them!

I love the Monarchy too! (I'm watching the PBS series Monarchy this week. LOL) I have to disagree as I thought it was very touching for Diana's son to give that ring to his one true beloved. I remember the news, photos, and the wedding of Princess Diana. (We woke up early am to watch the wedding televised live -- I vividly recall a yummy breakfast of pancakes with jam while watching the wedding. Yum. And OMG -- Diana's dress and train were beautiful.)

The ring is now a legacy of his mother -- it will be remembered for generations to come. I like to think positive for this young girl entering into such an enormous role with the Royal Family. Her life will never be the same. Prince William knew as the oldest what responsibilities he would have to carry in life. Plus to live in a fishbowl with no privacy for your entire life. Ugh. And I think he chose well with Kate. Their kids will be tall and gorgeous!

the palace will take care of all of that. This is the heir tot he British throne, not a tv star. The Queen will have no such nonsense.

According to the PBS show on the Monarchy -- the Queen has her OWN filmman -- he got jostled around on her trip to Latvia in that episode by Latvian security who did not realize the cameramen were Royal employees. LOL ;) Rumors already are suggesting the wedding will be not as outlandish as Diana's for many reasons. (i.e. economy, Kate being compared to Diana, etc.) But I'm sure it will be beautiful -- regardless.

Fishbowl is a good way to describe it.

Kate will have to smile:

1) when she feels like smiling, and

2) when she doesn't feel like smiling. :glare:

Kate will be the first commoner to marry an heir presumptive to the throne in 350 years -- which from a genetic POV, is good to have some "new" DNA tossed into the royal mix. She is not related to any royal or aristocracy. But it appears that William and Kate have given plenty of time to grow the relationship before the pressures of duty to the throne comes into the marriage.

Kate is older compared to Diana being only 19. Diana was quite naive going into the marriage. Kate seems wiser. She even broke off the relationship for a short period and the Prince sought after her quickly. I think she can do it. I'm rooting for her.