Menu

Happy to be homeschooling...

Last week, my nine year old (the outgoing one with the highest need to be around other people) thanked me for homeschooling her. Granted, we had just spent almost five hours at a local kid's science museum with another homeschooling family, but hey, I'll take the small doses of gratitude where I can get them. :)

because I love it and am grateful my husband supports me being here with our children every day.

It keeps getting better too--and every day is different!

A little encouragement for those who keep on keeping on. :001_smile:

Me too!!! I love homeschooling, and am so glad my kids do too. We are having a great year, and I'm so glad I toughed it out, when I felt like throwing in the towel last spring. I wouldn't give up this life spent with my children for anything!

because I love it and am grateful my husband supports me being here with our children every day.

AMEN sister!!!! My husband supports me too. And, every day is different. Even when we've had a day like we've had today, I'm happier with them home.

:grouphug:

I am writing this of my own free will! I love homeschooling! I love how close our family has become ! I enjoy watching them understand a new concept or enjoy a moment of learning. My husband has mentioned more than once the atmosphere of the home is different! That puts a smile on my face!!

We are newbies, (in our 2nd year) but love it!

I'm grateful for homeschooling today because our 4 year old has had a stomach virus all night last night and today. Sounds like a weird reason but if I had juggled him throwing up all day and pitiful with getting the 2 big boys out of the house and back would have been difficult. Instead I was able to stay, cuddle and care for our little guy and make sure the big boys got a good day of school in. Plus they were constantly coming to see him to try and get him to smile. :) They were some of the best doses of medicine.

However, I do wish our 14 year old was grateful for homeschooling. It breaks my heart that he thinks the other side of the fence holds the best secret. I'm thinking letting him go to private school next year and until graduation will be best for the future of our relationship. It breaks my heart.

Thank you for the encouragement as I keep on keeping on!

However, I do wish our 14 year old was grateful for homeschooling. It breaks my heart that he thinks the other side of the fence holds the best secret. I'm thinking letting him go to private school next year and until graduation will be best for the future of our relationship. It breaks my heart.

Don't worry. One day he'll learn that although the grass may look greener on the other side of the fence, it still needs mowing. :001_smile:

I too am so grateful and happy we get to homeschool. A good friend just called and said they're considering homeschooling and I gushed for about 30 minutes on the phone before I realized I better shut up; I might scare her off :lol:

Lol. We actually corrupted another family ourselves. They now homeschool. :D

Another happy homeschooler here. :) Even though it's sometimes tough, I'm happy it's what I'm doing.

As an aside, we have contractors finishing up an addition right now. They were laughing after my spelling lesson with DD10. She was whining so badly about disliking it when I made her rewrite a word that she misspelled. I stayed patient and calm and explained that it was important to write the word correctly so that she would remember it spelled correctly. At the end of the lesson I said, "See? It didn't kill you, did it?" She said, "No." One of the workers laughed and said, "But it nearly killed Mom." I was glad someone noticed my efforts. :tongue_smilie:

Bless you and thank you. Much appreciated and very timely...much needed! Sheryl <><

I absolutely love home schooling. I am so thankful that I am able to stay home with my kids and treasure this time. It sure does go by quickly.

Boy howdy, does it. My oldest is 16 and we have homeschooled from the beginning and it has *flown* by. I wouldn't trade these years for anything. :001_smile:

Last week, my nine year old (the outgoing one with the highest need to be around other people) thanked me for homeschooling her. Granted, we had just spent almost five hours at a local kid's science museum with another homeschooling family, but hey, I'll take the small doses of gratitude where I can get them. :)

I completely agree! It certainly *is* nice when they appreciate it though I know we would continue even if they didn't. I am glad mine do. :001_smile:

Thanks, Kate! I don't always love it, but it really has been the best alternative for my crew. I am really thankful that we have the freedom to homeschool and we have seen the fruit in our kids. Great relationships, more convenient guidance, and ability to really challenge my kids and let them work at their individual level.

It is such a privilege! I'm so grateful for:

*children to educate

*freedom to choose to educate at home

*pioneers who went before and carved out homeschool rights

*a husband that supports this decision and trusts me with this task

*mentor moms that have passed on wisdom

*provision and blessings that only the Lord could have given in our life.

Thanks for the positive post, Kate!

Lisa

It is such a privilege! I'm so grateful for:

*children to educate

*freedom to choose to educate at home

*pioneers who went before and carved out homeschool rights

*a husband that supports this decision and trusts me with this task

*mentor moms that have passed on wisdom

*provision and blessings that only the Lord could have given in our life.

Thanks for the positive post, Kate!

Lisa

Amen and amen and you are most welcome! It encourages me that all you ladies are sharing the same. :D

Guest Cindie2dds
I too am so grateful and happy we get to homeschool. A good friend just called and said they're considering homeschooling and I gushed for about 30 minutes on the phone before I realized I better shut up; I might scare her off :lol:

Oh, that sounds just like me! Even scaring people about it. :lol:

I could go on forever about how much being together has enriched all of our lives. I'm grateful my dh changed his job to make it easier for us to homeschool. We love it! Even the hard days. :D