Menu

Today has been wonderful because [fill in the blank].

Today has been wonderful because...

My husband is home after a weekend away.

My teen son is doing a fantastic job of tutoring a couple of junior high school students and a few high school peers.

My younger son is still sick, but so much better than yesterday.

My mom is having a good day and we had a wonderful phone conversation.

Today has been wonderful because:

We had a really good day of school work: Math, History, Language Arts.....a really good day!

DS10 had a doctor's appt and instead of the pediatrician's office, we went to the Family Practice.....and they didn't treat me like a bubble-brain :willy_nilly:b/c all he presented with was a dry, unproductive cough (he has reactive airway disorder) -- they took it seriously. Turns out, he has bronchitis, they prescribed appropriate medication and we were out of there in no time flat.

And when we were in the Exam Room waiting for the doctor, I taught ds how to play War and another easy card game that one can play alone or with others, and he asked me if I would teach him to play solitaire (the old fashioned way with cards) and I told him I would. The doctor thought it was so cool that we were playing card games together.

And, we all had chicken noodle soup for lunch, and I am making beef bone marrow broth, and for the first time in a long time, the twins worked on their own for a little while, and those are some of the reasons why today has been wonderful.:)

...because I only put good food in my body and drank enough water. I also got to grocery shop alone and linger in the health food section reading labels for as long as I wanted. My kids had a great school day. I confirmed that my brother and s-i-l are coming for Thanksgiving. We had no outside activities today. The oranges I bought are sweet sweet sweet! And now, the kids are sleeping and I get to watch some West Wing on dvd with dh. Not a bad day!:001_smile:

We finished everything I had planned school-wise with only a couple of attitude hiccups. :001_smile:

I had a new voice student start lessons tonight, and she's enthusiastic and very talented. I'm really looking forward to working with her!

Wonderful Bible study at church tonight.

Today was wonderful because we went to a free production of Alice In Wonderland at the library today, it was fabulous and fun, the girls behaved beautifully the entire time, and at the last dance number the kids got to go up on the stage area and dance too. Dd3 even came over and made sure it was okay to do so first :eek:.