Menu

Today has been wonderful because [fill in the blank].

My day has been wonderful because my five year old is just starting to be really interested in learning to read. I had dreaded teaching him, but he is really starting to get the blends and he gets SO excited when he can read a word.

My eight-year-old went out with his little brother and played snipers with him for hours this afternoon. This after my oldest was doing history (Henry of Anjou) and ds8 pipes up and says "Henry II? I was just reading about him!"

My ds11 is feeling rotten because of a sinus infection but settled in this morning on the couch and read three or four chapters in Robin Hood before moving on to math.

We have had multiple hot tea breaks and no fighting today. It has been lovely. NOT EVERY DAY IS LIKE THIS!!! But today has been wonderful, and I am thankful I can be at home with my boys.

Edited by Old Dominion Heather

Glad you had a good day! Loved reading your post.

Today has been a good day because we got through school without any problems and with both girls seeming to gain more confidence. My youngest FINALLY loves to read. She read an entire Magic Tree House book today after we finished school and she was so proud of herself.

:D

Despite having to deal with all the stress of setting up our move, the people in the moving office cheerfully took about six calls from me yesterday to answer my questions about how to do our scheduling.

DH got some house browsing in during his business trip and said that we will probably be able to find something suitable to live in.

I had a nice evening out with some other homeschool moms.

Great thread!

• Because I had the whole morning to run errands and do shopping by myself. Alone. Without kids. (Sorry, I still can't believe how great it turned out). :D
  • The baby fell asleep on his own, without nursing.
  • We had a great school day without whining, both kids and me. :tongue_smilie:
  • It's such a lovely day outside. The girls spent an hour outside looking for different shaped leaves for their craft project.

Because I'm well enough to actually do some school with the kids. Ds13 was behind and has decided a complicated method to get caught up where he does marathon sessions in one subject at a time. It is actually working very well for him. He had a glorious day just wallowing in WWI history (plus a few other things to even things out).

Because I'm well enough to actually do some school with the kids. Ds13 was behind and has decided a complicated method to get caught up where he does marathon sessions in one subject at a time. It is actually working very well for him. He had a glorious day just wallowing in WWI history (plus a few other things to even things out).

:hurray:

:party:

So happy to read this :D

Today has mostly sucked BUT I did find some fabulous deals at the goodwill. ONe of which was a little tikes kitchen center. I have been looking for one that I could afford for dd for almost 3 years, I paid $7 for the one I got today and it is perfect for our small playspace.

Today has been wonderful because my 6 yo is practicing reading all by herself, my 8yo and 6yo both ask for more history everyday, my 11yo is doing very well in her Biology class, and because when I woke up, one of the first thoughts that came to mind was, "The Lord's mercies are new every morning!" I don't often wake up like that. :)

Today has been wonderful because we spent the morning at a pottery class making pinch pots and seeing a demonstration of how to throw a bowl. We spent 2 wonderful hours there. And we get to go back in a few weeks to glaze them!

Today has been wonderful because I think Nik finally understands how to read a clock beyond telling the hour.

Today has been wonderful because the boys spent the afternoon playing outside and I had plenty of quiet time to read a book.

Today has been wonderful because we pulled an apple pie that my MIL made for us out of the freezer and baked it to have for dessert.

Today has been wonderful because Calvin and Hobbes are highly entertaining and induce lots of giggling. Giggling is so nice to hear!

Today has been wonderful because we got everything done that we wanted done, I stayed on my diet and exercised too. Then we took dog to the dog park and the kids played hide and seek with her. They had a blast. Then we came home and painted the dog toenails and dressed a cat. Fun day!

My day has been lovely because, despite the long draught we've had here, the trees are really lovely and holding their leaves and their color still. Driving around amidst the reds, golds, oranges, and all shades in between is fine....

Leaves that have dropped litter the streets and sidewalks. Some (most, I guess) detest this as messy. I see wonderful compost and renewal of life....

I love the smell and the crunch of leaves on the ground. I love the nuts and seeds and cones falling. I really do love this time of year!

We're supposed to have 3 days of rain this week; if it comes (and we need it), I suppose that will be the last of the leaves....

We had a rough day today. Really not sure why, but it is what it is...

But reading this thread reminded me of all the things we have to be thankful for (even when we DO have a rough day).

So... "Today has been wonderful because we are healthy, we have everything we need, we have the ability to homeschool, and life is generally quite good."

:)

It's my birthday!

It's 76 degrees without a cloud in the sky (though I miss wearing a fuzzy sweater on my birthday).

My little guy slept until 7:30 this morning (rather than 6:00 like usual). Unfortunately for him, he has a cold, but it just makes him sleepier and cuddlier, which I like, of course.

I shared an ooey-gooey mozzarella-covered serving of lasagna with him from my favorite restaurant that my husband doesn't like.

I got some adult conversation because a friend and her daughters took me out for coffee.

My little guy fell asleep on the way home from coffee and is still napping in his stroller 1 hour later, though he usually fights/skips the afternoon nap!

.....because today we only got memory work, math and our Coat of Arms project done! lol Oh we did spelling as well.

We started off slow but got lots of math done( 2 1/2 lessons for each girl) but when it came time for the project we ended up in the car on the way to JoAnn's to spend $30 on craft materials! Let's just say our shields aren't the kind you would find in the Middle Ages but they speak to the girls' personalities! You can see pics in my blog link.:)

Dh was in charge of school today! I had to write out detailed plans of course, but dh carried out the plan! I was required to observe our church preschool today since I am on the Board of Ed., so my time away was filled with 14 preschoolers. Still, the change of pace was nice.

Today was wonderful because God sustained me in all that I needed to do today. I feel content and accomplished this evening, having taken care of many chores today while still finishing all of our scheduled schoolwork and making time to spend a good portion of the day outdoors, playing with friends, in this beautiful fall weather. Today was wonderful because I maintained my patience and actually enjoyed my children, instead of feeling rushed and cranky!

This was a beautiful thread to read! It reminds me of a blog entry I just read....http://www.itakejoy.com/what-you-practice-you-will-become/

I think I need a thread like this everyday to remind myself to see the joy in the mundane, every day tasks and to see the Lord through all of my struggles.

That's a challenge. My Mondays are difficult, and I have been trying to be better about not complaining about them. I get home from class, and then we drive about, from one end of the city to the other and back again until late, doing music lessons and such. :glare:

So....

Today has been wonderful because... dd14 and I got to hang out for an hour with no "littles" and discuss her future, we all had many laughs over dinner, and I got a LOT of school and homeschool work caught up. :001_smile:

Today has been wonderful because dd got a playdate and I got to help out a friend. My house is actually cleaner at the end of the day than when we started the day even with the playdate that included a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Dd's attention span is growing each day. I love being able to read longer books to her and having us both enjoy them.