Menu

Need ideas for CS Lewis's birthday

This might be a strange idea but it just occured to me that it could be fun to do. I'd like to have a small party on CS Lewis's birthday. Very small as in dinner with two other couples and kids. Any ideas on things you'd try to incorperate if you were going to do such a thing? All I've got is an idea and not much of a plan. Maybe a traditional English dinner?

I found this on Answers.com:

C.S. Lewis lived in England for all of his adult life and enjoyed traditional British cooking. In his letters, he writes about enjoying kidney pie, bacon and eggs, ham, bread and cheese, tea, and, of course, beer! In his book The Four Loves, Lewis confesses that he loves to eat ham and eggs in front of a fireplace. The Chronicles of Narnia frequently include delicious descriptions of foods C. S. Lewis loved, like fried sausage and potatoes, fish n' chips, and roast mutton...

And of course, you'd have to serve Turkish Delight too. ;)

I also found this on a website that features several plans for celebrating C.S. Lewis's 100th birthday back in 1998:

C. S. LEWIS 100TH BIRTHDAY PARTY, Tulsa. The Tulsa C.S.Lewis Society, Music at Trinity, Inc., and the Music Commission of the Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma are joining to sponsor an organ concert by George W. Bayley at Trinity Episcopal Church, Tulsa, at 4:00 p.m. on Lewis's one-hundredth birthday. Mr. Bayley's program will include the North American premier of the "Shadowlands Suite," arranged by Bayley (with the composer's kind permission) from the original film score by George Fenton. Also a setting of Psalm XIX, Lewis's favorite psalm, by Benedetto Marcello. The concert will be followed by high tea and birthday party, featuring traditional English birthday cake, crackers and paper hats, and Lewis's favorite food and drinks...

HTH!