Menu

What's the difference between ipod touch and iphone?

I was just looking at both online, and it looks to me like they both have the same capabilities for real-time video interfacing, they both can store music, videos and photos. They both have cameras. They can both send e-mails. So, is the only difference that the iphone is also a phone? Thanks for any help you can give me.

I was just looking at both online, and it looks to me like they both have the same capabilities for real-time video interfacing, they both can store music, videos and photos. They both have cameras. They can both send e-mails. So, is the only difference that the iphone is also a phone? Thanks for any help you can give me.

In 4th generation, the iphone has better equipment than the ipod Touch (better quality camera, non-scratchable "glass" on the screen, etc). According to the forums I follow

(I have the 4g Touch)

The iPhone data package also gives full time access to the Internet. The Touch can only get access when within the range of a wireless network (and these are eveywhere these days, unless you are driving around or are lost out in the boonies and need the gps app :glare:).

I speak for the iTouch & iPhone models previous to the latest.

The iPhone data package also gives full time access to the Internet. The Touch can only get access when within the range of a wireless network (and these are eveywhere these days, unless you are driving around or are lost out in the boonies and need the gps app :glare:).

I speak for the iTouch & iPhone models previous to the latest.

This is the main difference. With my phone I can use Pandora or the GPS in my car over the phone network. You can't do that with the touch, it requires wi-fi.

Like the new Ipad? That would make them be able to access the internet wherever - but at a charge.

My understanding is that the touch can currently only do this if you jailbreak it. There has been talk of Sprint allowing the touch to connect to its network, but I don't know if that's been accomplished yet.

Edited by Mrs Mungo