Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joan in GE

x/p Grading economics and/or other essays for a fee?

I'm wondering if there are college students (or their parents :001_smile:) willing to grade essays in their field of study...

This started because my son is writing a paper about economics after viewing the Teaching Co course and I am just incapable of grading his work. So I thought maybe there would be a college student with a major in economics (ideally who has watched the course) who would want a minor job.

That got me thinking how handy it would be to have a list of people who could grade essays in various topics...

For me it would not be for the grammar/ sentence structure, more for comments and general assessment....

Payment could be through Paypal for example... Price could be discussed.

You can see this thread on the high school board where I first posted about it...

Hoping someone is interested, and thanks for any discussion of the topic,

Joan

Well, I did this course with my ds last year using TC DVD and a textbook ail and would be willing to take a trial run at this with you! Are the essay questions from a particular source?

PM me and we can explore it further. My ds did five essays every week of high school so...lots of grading experience. Plus he did Write@Home in 8th grade where we both learned what to look for in an essay!

The logistics would likely necessitate essays in WORD I would think....No fancy programs available to me like Write@Home!

Mary

The logistics would likely necessitate essays in WORD I would think....No fancy programs available to me like Write@Home!

Hi Mary,

I'll PM you about the details - thanks for offering!

Logistics wise -just talking about this for others interested in the process... WORD does seem necessary...

then there are number of pages, etc to consider which I would think would effect price -

Rubric - it would be good to have some general grading rubric in place. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joan