Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hunter's Moon

Year-round homeschoolers- college admissions question

Have any year-round homeschoolers ever come across a deadline they couldn't meet?

For example, have your children ever not been done with their Senior Year until late July or August and weren't able to meet the final transcript deadline?

The colleges I am interested in don't say online their deadlines for final transcripts. I will call them tomorrow, but just wondering how others' experiences have been.

I am just trying to see how to adjust my schedule for this year and Senior Year so I can meet any deadlines.

My son was finished with his senior year in June but because we were overseas and he was enrolled in an umbrella school, his graduation in AUgust. He started college in August too. THis just had to do with slow mail service and the school having only certain graduate dates.

I am currently homeschooling a senior who is set to graduate in early June. SHe will not be finished in either Spanish or math. She will continue to study those in order to be better prepared for college. But it won't affect her transcript since I will grade on what she has done up to that point. SHe has enough credits to graduate.

My son was finished with his senior year in June but because we were overseas and he was enrolled in an umbrella school, his graduation in AUgust. He started college in August too. THis just had to do with slow mail service and the school having only certain graduate dates.

I am currently homeschooling a senior who is set to graduate in early June. SHe will not be finished in either Spanish or math. She will continue to study those in order to be better prepared for college. But it won't affect her transcript since I will grade on what she has done up to that point. SHe has enough credits to graduate.

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking about doing that as well- grading on what was already done and just finishing it up. I didn't want to be dishonest but i know I'll finish the coursework for my own good.

No, we were able to meet the deadlines. But, we do run the senior year a little differently than the previous years. DD began her senior year in July (our school year runs July to July) with the understanding that she would need her last assignment turned in to me by May 20th because we were having her graduation celebration on May 23rd of that year and I wanted all of my grading done before the party and needed to turn in her final transcript by June 1st or so. She just had to be diligent about it and she took shorter breaks during the holidays than her brothers did. She really didn't seem to mind because she had that excitement of graduation looming ahead. As it was she still had 10 months instead of 9 which was one month more than the P.S. kids.

She finished English Literature, American Government, Rhetoric, Spanish, and History early which left her extra time for those last very hard chapters of Trig/Pre-calc and Advanced Physics.

We did plan a really exquisite graduation for her as an incentive. Well, and just because she had certainly earned it.

Faith