Menu

Where can I find good quality girls' socks that are still cute?

I usually buy at Target, but they unravel right away or shrink badly or develop holes within a month of wearings. DD wants some cute, soft socks, but I hate spending money and finding out the hard way that they're poor quality. Where have you bought girls socks (and women's too, for that matter) that held up and were comfortable?

TIA!

ETA: I'm looking for both knee-high and shorter. I just looked at Lands' End, and while the knee highs are cute, they have some bad reviews for quality. Plus, they're out of the size I need *grrr*

Edited by melissel

Hanna Andersson socks are the best we've found, and are often on sale. I've passed down socks from PDG to LLL that have been worn for a good 4 years without a single hole, and very very little wear. My daughter has a real sock "issue" (I don't know that she is officially a "sensory-issue" child -- sorry I'm not being flip, I just can't remember the official name for the problem), and these are the socks that she wears without complaint.

She has also had good luck with "Little Miss Matched" socks, but if you have a problem with zaniness, you won't want those...they are purposefully mismatched, unless you buy two sets, and match them, as they come in sets of 3 mismatched, but coordinated patterns.

You might try Gap. I buy my 7yo ds's socks there and they are very durable and comfortable. The six or seven pairs we purchased last fall are still intact, with no holes, ravels, etc. I used to buy dd socks and tights there when she was a baby/toddler/preschooler and they were always high quality, comfortable and durable. I just checked their website and they have some cute ones for girls.

Hanna Andersson socks are the best we've found, and are often on sale. I've passed down socks from PDG to LLL that have been worn for a good 4 years without a single hole, and very very little wear. My daughter has a real sock "issue" (I don't know that she is officially a "sensory-issue" child -- sorry I'm not being flip, I just can't remember the official name for the problem), and these are the socks that she wears without complaint.

She has also had good luck with "Little Miss Matched" socks, but if you have a problem with zaniness, you won't want those...they are purposefully mismatched, unless you buy two sets, and match them, as they come in sets of 3 mismatched, but coordinated patterns.

I just got a catalog from Little Miss Matched. The socks are super cute. I am going to order some for myself and my daughter. As I type this I am looking at my Target socks from last year with a big hole in them.

I am always on the sock hunt. My reviews:

Gap: No holes, no unraveling, but they do shrink!

Old Navy: No holes, do unravel at the top, and shrink!

Gymboree: No holes, no unraveling, I dont recall these shrinking.

Target: I get the Aero (i think that is the brand, made by gold toe) These hold up well with no shrinking! They do have knee highs and tights. I prefer the cotton to the ones that are mostly poly. The poly ones feel funny after washing a few times, and they get really pilly.

Hanna Andersson: Really Really nice socks...a bit spendy if not on sale!

When I want less expensive, I get the aero at Target. When I want something that is just the best ever, I get Hanna. Sometimes I will pick up some Gymboree if they are just super cute and match something else I am buying. I have not tried Lands End...sorry.