Menu

Would you look at this bench and tell me if it will work?

http://www.allbarstools.com/The-Level-Best-F1008-x-LVB1011.html?cv=

I would be using it at a 42" high counter that overlooks my kitchen. The counter is 55 inches wide (1/4 inch longer than the bench) and the seat height is right. There is more counter (at an obtuse angle) on both sides, in a open room. I would have felt "scooter bottoms" on the bottom, and the floor is smooth wood. 90% of the time, it would be used by just my son, but sometimes he and I or he and Papa would sit together to read or do art or eat a meal. Is a bench a bad idea?

I would put a couple of backless stools on the rest of the counter.

http://www.allbarstools.com/The-Level-Best-F1008-x-LVB1011.html?cv=

I would be using it at a 42" high counter that overlooks my kitchen. The counter is 55 inches wide (1/4 inch longer than the bench) and the seat height is right. There is more counter (at an obtuse angle) on both sides, in a open room. I would have felt "scooter bottoms" on the bottom, and the floor is smooth wood. 90% of the time, it would be used by just my son, but sometimes he and I or he and Papa would sit together to read or do art or eat a meal. Is a bench a bad idea?

I would put a couple of backless stools on the rest of the counter.

Do you know how high the arms are? I would want to be able to slide it in when not in use, and the arms may prevent that. Maybe that isn't an issue for you though.

Otherwise I think it's nice.

Do you know how high the arms are? I would want to be able to slide it in when not in use, and the arms may prevent that. Maybe that isn't an issue for you though.

Otherwise I think it's nice.

Given the over-all height of 45 inches, and my counter is 42, by the looks of it, the arms will go under. Yes, that is important to me.

I'm wondering if it will be impossible to scootch in or push out if two people are in it. (Of course my son would love to push me in and then climb over...but that is not the goal. :))

It's a pretty cool bench, but I would wonder if there will ever be a happy medium for how close to pull up to the counter with the different size legs (adult and child). It might not be close enough for your ds, but too close for you or dh. That would be my only concern.

It looks like the arms have cupholders in them. Is that awkward? You'd probably use the counter for the cups, right?

I have the same thoughts about having arms (seems they'd get in the way of getting onto the bench) as a pp.

I do like the bench, but maybe not for a counter...

We do have a bar counter off of the kitchen--but the arms do get in the way--and you CANNOT scoot the chair to back away from the counter to get in and out... so we do not keep them near the counter... we keep them on a wall near our pool table and cue rack. They ARE very comfortable barstools... they just were not designed to be used at a counter.

We do have a bar counter off of the kitchen--but the arms do get in the way--and you CANNOT scoot the chair to back away from the counter to get in and out... so we do not keep them near the counter... we keep them on a wall near our pool table and cue rack. They ARE very comfortable barstools... they just were not designed to be used at a counter.

Well, I need one with a back, so armless is the way to go when it comes to barstools? Kiddo can use backless, but I get sore on a stool. I was wondering about arms. Even with a swivel, the other arm would hit the counter unless I push back, right?

(Can you tell how little time I've spent in one of these?)

The cup holders don't bother me, because kiddo would have hotwheels in them.