Menu

Length of lessons for Saxon 1

Oakblossoms

If you do all of the meeting everyday plus follow the scripted lesson as written , I would count on at least thirty minutes of your direct time. (maybe more on some lessons). It also depends on your child and how quickly they think and respond to questions, skip counting, etc.

I would agree - around 30mins. Maybe more, depending on how you do it. I don't always follow the scripted lessons, it depends on how quickly the relevant child picks up the concept. If they understand it really well, quickly, I might even do two lessons in one day; if they don't understand it easily, I might spread it over 2 days.

It depends. Though I don't ever think I spent 30 minutes on it. Maybe I did and it didn't seem that long. We usually did the front page and only the back if concepts weren't picked up the first time, and yes I think the meeting book is very essential. Especially if its your first time teaching the math. After that you can make your own 'meeting' book.