Menu

Stove/oven recommendations

Hey all! I think our 20 year old oven is FINALLY giving out. When we set the oven for 450, it only ever gets up to 375. Occasionally, a burner just won't work. I don't want to spend any money on fixing a 20 year old stove!!!

So, what do you recommend? Sears had a couple on a HUGE discount. One was a Jenn-Air. One was a Maytag.

We want gas. And, I want a double oven. One of them had gas burners, but an electric oven. Why?

I just bought a new double oven (KitchenAid) two weeks ago. I'm still getting a feel for it so I can't recommend it yet. What I was told is that if you are a baker, it is preferable to have gas stove and electric oven because gas is a "wet" heat and food doesn't brown as well as with electric "dry" heat. HTH!

Hey all! I think our 20 year old oven is FINALLY giving out. When we set the oven for 450, it only ever gets up to 375. Occasionally, a burner just won't work. I don't want to spend any money on fixing a 20 year old stove!!!

So, what do you recommend? Sears had a couple on a HUGE discount. One was a Jenn-Air. One was a Maytag.

We want gas. And, I want a double oven. One of them had gas burners, but an electric oven. Why?

We have the JennAir double ovens -- these: http://www.jennair.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/JJW2730WS/

One is a convection oven, the other is "traditional." I. LOVE. MY. OVENS. :)

Lisa

I have this one:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02269873000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

It is absolutely beautiful to look at, but I would not recommend it. We've had quite a bit of trouble with it -- and of course, it all started right after the warranty ran out! :banghead:

We also have a matching Electrolux Icon refrigerator that's nothing to write home about, either.

Cat