Menu

Blogspot question

I just started one, too, and here's what I did - but this is on Blogger, so if you're using some other source, it might be different:

From the dashboard page, go to the design page and click on edit header. You will see the option to choose a picture from your compter and can click on the browse button, which will open up to your index on your computer where your pictures are kept. Click on pictures and when that opens, click on the picture you want. Now.... if you can figure out how to make the pictures larger, etc., I could use that info.......

It depends on your template, if you are using one of the blogger ones, they let you change the picture. If you have downloaded a custom one, you need to change it in CSS.

In order to have it fit right, I'd find out how many pixels the image is that is the default, then use Windows Picture Manager or Photoshop or similar to adjust your image to the right size.

Hmmm.....well I spent hours on this today. I've got a picture in the header. It is a bit bigger than I had intended, but I'm not sure I want to mess with it any more right now. And that's all I have. Lol. No posts, nothing. but it was a d**n lot of work. So, would any of you mind jumping over there and telling me what you think? Tell me if you think I need to make it smaller.

http://wildrootshome.blogspot.com

Thanks.

Hey, I love creating new headers...you can take a look at mine, I change it up fairly often just b/c it is so fun for me to play with. :)

Anyway, the easiest site I have found is http://www.picnik.com - and it is free!!

Just upload a picture (or a few for a collage kind of like mine) and then edit the pictures how you want them to be (you can make them black and white, soften them, all kinds of cool things) and then go to "create" and make a collage.

Once you have the pictures in there that you want, you can add text with your title!

It really isn't too hard, but you just have to play around with the site for awhile...

I have done just one picture at top, but it is harder to get the dimensions exactly right for the header.

HTH!

Hmmm.....well I spent hours on this today. I've got a picture in the header. It is a bit bigger than I had intended, but I'm not sure I want to mess with it any more right now. And that's all I have. Lol. No posts, nothing. but it was a d**n lot of work. So, would any of you mind jumping over there and telling me what you think? Tell me if you think I need to make it smaller.

Thanks.

My header is bigger than your header.:tongue_smilie:

When I did mine I found a picture I wanted to use, saved it to my desktop and then uploaded it from there. Mine is large, but the picture I used was a large file. When I made it smaller it didn't center right, so I just left it. I think the size of yours is fine though.

I love designing blogs and have really taken to customization. Do you have photo editing software? the first thing you need to do is crop your photo so that fits in the space provided for your header. 9" x 3" seems to give a good size. If you get curious, you can also go into the advanced design section of your blog and see if you can find the sizes there, they'll be done in pixels.

Here are a couple blogs I've done:

http://yokosukahomeschooling.blogspot.com/

http://learnplayexplore.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

For my blog Johnsen Crew, I used the simple template in blogger and picnik to edit my photos. I chose a width of 800 and let the program adjust it in proportion. That way you won't "stretch" the photo.

You can probably do this with any editor, I just find Picnik fun and easy, as the other poster commented.

My header is bigger than your header.:tongue_smilie:

When I did mine I found a picture I wanted to use, saved it to my desktop and then uploaded it from there. Mine is large, but the picture I used was a large file. When I made it smaller it didn't center right, so I just left it. I think the size of yours is fine though.

I love your photo for your header! And I don't think it looks too big. Now I'm thinking maybe mine isn't either.:)

Thank you all for the help. I have now spent another couple hours on Picknick.:001_smile: I'm learning a lot and I will probably use this at some point, but I am thinking to leave the header as is. I love turning my photos in to black and white images or sepia. Oooh...I will definitely be doing this. Thanks again.

Thank you for the supportive words. AnneofAlamo and Regina I love your blogs. Wow, cake balls look like a lot of work! Yummy, though. And your photos are great. Regina-that's a beautiful photo as the header. Did you take it yourself?

I really appreciate blogs in a different light now.

Kim,

I like the blog, love the header photo! I joined your friend connect :)

Sorry, I know nothing about making headers, I had to pay someone to make mine, even though it's a photo I took...I'm very computer klutzy...

welcome to blogging! :D

Kim,

Sorry, I know nothing about making headers, I had to pay someone to make mine, even though it's a photo I took...I'm very computer klutzy...

Oooh. I have a friend and I haven't even started posting yet! I'm hoping to get on it this week, though I'm not sure we'll even be getting much done around here. My father has not been doing well after hip replacement surgery, both kids were sick with stomach viruses last week, our hs needs major organizing overhaul and we have several activities were scheduled for (not our usual). But I think I'm going to have fun with this. I'm blogging mainly for me:001_smile:.

Kim,

Sigh. This really is harder than I thought. I entered your photo contest. Fun, but the photos didn't come out on the page the way I expected and now it's got some of the sidebar over one of them. No big deal I guess. I'm not asking for help this time. I'm sure I will learn. Maybe another day when I'm not so annoyed I will be asking for help.:001_smile: I think I'm a bit of a perfectionist about this, but I already figured if this blog had to be perfect I'd never even get started.:)

lol, blogging can become it's own monster. When you have time, maybe try changing the template, then the photo might fix. don't sweat it, bloggers have all been there, done that...so no biggie if things are a bit skewed for a while.

so glad you joined my photo challenge! :)