Menu

Odd Question, But I'd Really Like to Know

Ummmm, coming from a family with major control issues, I'd have to say this one takes the cake, LOL!

I guess it depends on the context. I'm envisioning preparing food alongside my sil and having her say, "oh, btw, dad likes his sandwiches without stuff hanging over the edge, just so you know." I wouldn't think anything of it.

OTOH, if she called me up and told me to make ham sandwiches, and be sure not to let anything hang over the side, I'd think that would be very weird.

I like it when there's stuff hanging out of my sandwich. Makes me feel like it's packed chok full of goodies. Also, I hate bites that are nothing but dry bread. Blech!

:iagree:This would be my sandwich!

I do that for my dd5 sandwiches, but that is only because she gets me to cut the crusts off and I don't want to cut off all the good stuff. For myself or anyone else, you get them the way I make them. If not you can make it yourself.:001_smile:

:iagree:This is what I do with my little man, but :iagree:for another adult who is just going to eat it all anyway that is just wierd. However, if it were some eccentric relative that I saw infrequently I probably would just make the sandwich however they wanted and only call them a picky wierdo in my head.

and the sandwich cut in a diagonal just because it looks pretty plus I don't have to eat only the crust right away. But it's going too far to ask someone else to do it my way in my opinion.

I do like to cut sandwiches in pretty diagonals.

This is just how I do it. If someone else offers to make me a sandwich, they can make it however they want with whatever condiments, meat, and cheese of lack thereof that suits their fancy.:D

Mandy

I roll the meat, so it makes the sandwich thicker, so yes, everything is all tucked in. I would never ask someone to do that, though. When I was a teen, I waited tables at a local country club and there was a woman there who used to order a "BLT with no lettuce and the crusts cut off." It was hard not to roll my eyes!

*Snort* :lol: so that's not a BLT at all.. it's a BT.. or maybe a TB.. :confused: !!!

I grew up on a large family, if you had anything hanging out, you obviously had taken more than your share of filling. We were also only aloud 2 items in the sandwich, any more was extravagance.

I thought everyone did it like this.

One of the biggest shocks of married life, was when my Dh made a sandwich and put 10 things in it.:svengo:

That's how I make it, but I would never tell someone else how to make a sandwich. Relationship is more important that how a sandwich looks.

I hate being criticized or controlled for really dumb things. We were at a potluck event at a home (of a woman who is pretty ciritical in general,) and after I put a spoon in a dish, she re-did it in a different spot. It didn't help out at all with the serving, it just had to be where she wanted it. :001_huh: :confused: For some reason, it really jumped the shark for me. Dh and I still joke about it constantly.