Menu

s/o teenage girl texting - reasons to check up on your kids

Well, why not? Maybe they trained together because they run at the same speed. Age isn't necessarily a determinant there.

What should be in question is why a 37 yr old woman is sending nude photos to someone underage.

As a runner, all I can think is, "Stop texting and run!" Her race times would surely improve...

My ds and I have talked about this quite a few times. He is very good looking and has a very charming personality (and I am not just a mama bragging here!:tongue_smilie:) Grown women have been trying to "pick him up" for years (at 11 it was the 16yo's, at 14 it was the 20yo's, now at 17 he seems to be free game.:glare:) So, we talk about it and I warn him (and sometimes we laugh about it!;))

I think that is all you can really do is talk about it. My ds isn't going to leave lewd pictures/text messages on his phone, so there is nothing to "check up on." Open communication is the key, IMO. Unless your child is locked in a closet at home 24/7, they are going to end up in less than ideal situations. I think it is better to talk about how to deal with things.

And, lest anyone think this is new, let me assure you that it isn't. A certain someone in my extended family (who shall remain nameless for his protection) got an STD from someone's mom in the 70s.:001_huh: This isn't new!

I think that is all you can really do is talk about it. My ds isn't going to leave lewd pictures/text messages on his phone, so there is nothing to "check up on." Open communication is the key, IMO. Unless your child is locked in a closet at home 24/7, they are going to end up in less than ideal situations. I think it is better to talk about how to deal with things.

And, lest anyone think this is new, let me assure you that it isn't. A certain someone in my extended family (who shall remain nameless for his protection) got an STD from someone's mom in the 70s.:001_huh: This isn't new!

:iagree:

And here's to you Mrs. Robinson.....