Menu

It's FRIDAY!!!! What do you have planned for the weekend?

Tonight three of my four children are out. Anyone want a very cute 4 yo little girl? :lol:

This weekend, I hope to:

1. Run my long run (18 miles!)

2. Clean out my guest bedroom

3. Catch up on my grocery shopping

4. Finish painting the dining room

5. Order the area rug for the living room

6. Pick the contractor for our family room

I think that's it!!!! How about you? I'm making my to-do list after a glass of wine and suddenly it seems easier!!!

Tonight's the anniversary of our engagement--fondue on the menu.

Tomorrow is Work Day at the church--I'll be cleaning the Rectory but may wander over.

Sunday School on Sunday--Dh's class on Almost Christian, about Christian Youth and how to keep them in the faith (or encourage them to stay, rather) is winding down, and now getting to the meatier, rubber hits the road stage.

Tonight's the anniversary of our engagement--fondue on the menu.

Tomorrow is Work Day at the church--I'll be cleaning the Rectory but may wander over.

Sunday School on Sunday--Dh's class on Almost Christian, about Christian Youth and how to keep them in the faith (or encourage them to stay, rather) is winding down, and now getting to the meatier, rubber hits the road stage.

Funny - it's also work day at our church tomorrow! I may head over after my run.

Your dh's class sounds great! Are you attending?

Tonight: We're going to see a homeschool theatre production.

Tomorrow: Lunch out (fundraiser for our co-op scholarship fund), then ds goes to youth program and Bible study at church while we hang out there, eat dinner, etc.

Sunday: Morning at worship service, then in the evening, ds and dh are going to a concert, while I'm going to community theatre rehearsal.

Busy weekend!

Wendi

Funny - it's also work day at our church tomorrow! I may head over after my run.

Your dh's class sounds great! Are you attending?

Yeah, I go to everything he teaches (there's usually a lay-lead alternative, but not in the Fall very often). When we first came here, there wasn't much of a tradition of adults going to Sunday School, so I wanted to lead by example--plus I love how my husband teaches! It takes a while for things to sink in for me, too--I've been to his Inquirer's class for 8 years...:D This particular class is a little tough for both of us, as we are coming from the perspective of parents whose child has rejected the church.

Me, too...oh wait, my long run is maybe making it 2 miles. :lol: No, seriously, my running has lagged the second half of the week, so that is definitely on my schedule this week!

Get OUT tonight - going for coffee with friends

Work on my novel for NaNoWriMo (just at about 30,000 words!)

Enjoy my kiddos who have been bickering all week. We'll go to the park or do something fun with dad.

Church

TGIF!

Tonight: We're going to see a homeschool theatre production.

Tomorrow: Lunch out (fundraiser for our co-op scholarship fund), then ds goes to youth program and Bible study at church while we hang out there, eat dinner, etc.

Sunday: Morning at worship service, then in the evening, ds and dh are going to a concert, while I'm going to community theatre rehearsal.

Busy weekend!

Wendi

the theater sounds fun!!!! And, I love a meal out!

What play are you in?

I realized that I forgot to mention that I'll be going to church on Sunday! That's just a given in our house, so I did't list it!

Yeah, I go to everything he teaches (there's usually a lay-lead alternative, but not in the Fall very often). When we first came here, there wasn't much of a tradition of adults going to Sunday School, so I wanted to lead by example--plus I love how my husband teaches! It takes a while for things to sink in for me, too--I've been to his Inquirer's class for 8 years...:D This particular class is a little tough for both of us, as we are coming from the perspective of parents whose child has rejected the church.

You and your dh would have a wonderful perspective on this topic. I bet the class is great! I pray for you and your family every day.

Filling a dumpster (cleaning out a farm bldg to make more space for more animals:tongue_smilie: - gotta love 4H!)

Raking the rest of the leaves.

AND

Celebrating 18 years of marriage on Sunday!!!!

Oh yea! I forgot - dh has to rake the leaves with the boys!

Congratulations on your anniversary!!! Dh and I just celebrated 16 years!

Get better - do some laundry - get better

I think you should skip the laundry and just work on getting better!!! But, I'm glad to hear that you're even considering doing laundry!

Me, too...oh wait, my long run is maybe making it 2 miles. :lol: No, seriously, my running has lagged the second half of the week, so that is definitely on my schedule this week!

Get OUT tonight - going for coffee with friends

Work on my novel for NaNoWriMo (just at about 30,000 words!)

Enjoy my kiddos who have been bickering all week. We'll go to the park or do something fun with dad.

Church

TGIF!

Honestly - I just started running 3 years ago! My long runs then were about 1 − 2 miles!!! At first, I couldn't make it to the end of my block! Now, I'm training for a marathon in January, so I've got to go the distance now. But, I'm SCARED of this run!!!! It's over three hours long. Ugh. But, I'll feel SO good when it's done!!!

Honestly - I just started running 3 years ago! My long runs then were about 1 − 2 miles!!! At first, I couldn't make it to the end of my block! Now, I'm training for a marathon in January, so I've got to go the distance now. But, I'm SCARED of this run!!!! It's over three hours long. Ugh. But, I'll feel SO good when it's done!!!

That's incredible. Good for you! Quite the encouragement, I might add!

Well, my oldest is away on a Youth Pilgrimage for church for the weekend (they are part of a group of 5000 youth from the United Methodist Youth attending this Pilgrimage in NC).

We played outside with the three younger kids this evening. My 6 year old is learning how to ride a bike without training wheels. She's learning on her brother's bike in hopes of being ready for a larger, new bike for Christmas (she's outgrown her previous bike). We had a nice family dinner and now I'm home with the two little girls while dh and ds attend a meeting at church involving an upcoming service project that they'd like to participate in.

Tomorrow dh has to work in the morning, so the kids and I plan to play and relax! DS has a "space derby" tomorrow afternoon for Scouts, which we'll all attend. DH and I are hoping to be able to go on a "date" tomorrow evening, if my dad is available to babysit.

Sunday morning will be church. We have a service project on Sunday afternoon; and then it will be time to pick DD1 up from church.

Overall, I'm hoping for a laid-back weekend. Those are a rarity in our house! I have to get some "relaxing" in this weekend, because all the weekends between now and New Year's are already looking busy!

I have to go to a coaching clinic to become a certified Judo coach. I get to bake my youngest a dinosaur cake for his birthday, and I need to wrap his gifts. These tasks will take up tomorrow.

On Sunday, we celebrate ds4's birthday (a day early). I hope to grade and get school planned out for the week as well.

Congratulations on your anniversary!!! Dh and I just celebrated 16 years!

Thanks and same to you! :)

But, I'm SCARED of this run!!!! It's over three hours long. Ugh. But, I'll feel SO good when it's done!!!

You'll be fine. One step at a time...Some of my fondest memories of high school / College XC running were my Saturday LONG DAYS (15-20 mi) in the autumn. I used to be in shape :glare: not as much now. Best of luck!

That's incredible. Good for you! Quite the encouragement, I might add!

Awww. Thanks! I'm SO enthusiastic about running! It's done so much for me. You can do it!!!!!

Wow! Impressive! I plan to start running again after I'm done with the postpartum period, but will have to work up gradually. I think 1 measly mile is going to be hard at first.

Yup! One mile is HARD!!!! I remember when I ran my first 2 miles after a few months of running. It was HARD!!!!! Now, I LOVE it! (And hate it!)

Well, my oldest is away on a Youth Pilgrimage for church for the weekend (they are part of a group of 5000 youth from the United Methodist Youth attending this Pilgrimage in NC).

We played outside with the three younger kids this evening. My 6 year old is learning how to ride a bike without training wheels. She's learning on her brother's bike in hopes of being ready for a larger, new bike for Christmas (she's outgrown her previous bike). We had a nice family dinner and now I'm home with the two little girls while dh and ds attend a meeting at church involving an upcoming service project that they'd like to participate in.

Tomorrow dh has to work in the morning, so the kids and I plan to play and relax! DS has a "space derby" tomorrow afternoon for Scouts, which we'll all attend. DH and I are hoping to be able to go on a "date" tomorrow evening, if my dad is available to babysit.

Sunday morning will be church. We have a service project on Sunday afternoon; and then it will be time to pick DD1 up from church.

Overall, I'm hoping for a laid-back weekend. Those are a rarity in our house! I have to get some "relaxing" in this weekend, because all the weekends between now and New Year's are already looking busy!

It sounds like a very nice weekend! Very laid back! how did your dd end up doing on the bike?

Enjoy your date!!!! Tonight, all three of my boys are out. Dh and I are left with the girl. We can't find anyone to take her! I'd love a date night!!!

And, I KWIM about busy weekends!!!

I have to go to a coaching clinic to become a certified Judo coach. I get to bake my youngest a dinosaur cake for his birthday, and I need to wrap his gifts. These tasks will take up tomorrow.

On Sunday, we celebrate ds4's birthday (a day early). I hope to grade and get school planned out for the week as well.

Judo coach!!?? Awesome!!!! Happy birthday to your ds!!!

Thanks for your encouragement!!! Looking back, some of my fondest memories are when I'm running. It's just the thought of 18 miles that gets to me!!! I'll be fine when I'm done.

Dh is working evenings so we're going to go to the free movie in the morning. In the afternoon I'll take the littles to the park and stop by the library to pick up some things I've got on hold. I promised dd we'd watch Psych on Hulu tomorrow night. Sunday is church and we'll visit my dad. I also hope to be able to read in the evening since dh will be gone. I'm not sure what the teens are planning.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to take my daughter to her first Youth Judo class at the Y. While she does that, I'll go walk on the treadmill.

Tomorrow night, I may take the kids to a free showing of "How To Train Your Dragon" at a small local theater (even though we already saw it in the theater when it first came out).

In between, I'll probably do some laundry.

Sunday, nothing planned. It'll be hubby's day off so we'll spend the day together and relax.

Nothing exciting!

Ds#1 just left to spend the weekend with his father, so I'm getting a break from puberty insanity.

Community board meeting insanity, grocery shopping insanity, baby preparations, and lots and lots of naps (hopefully!)

I'm in desperate need of some down time!

I hope you get your down time!!!

1. Library sale.

2. Nothing--I haven't seen dh in *forever,* so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) turning off the a/c & (even better) maybe a fire & then just his face. :001_smile:

Turning off the AC!!??? Holy cow!!!! It's 64 today here and that's just WEIRD!! (Now, if the fog would turn itself off, life would be grand!)

I hope you got to see dh's face!

Dh is working evenings so we're going to go to the free movie in the morning. In the afternoon I'll take the littles to the park and stop by the library to pick up some things I've got on hold. I promised dd we'd watch Psych on Hulu tomorrow night. Sunday is church and we'll visit my dad. I also hope to be able to read in the evening since dh will be gone. I'm not sure what the teens are planning.

This sounds like a nice weekend!! I love free!!!!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to take my daughter to her first Youth Judo class at the Y. While she does that, I'll go walk on the treadmill.

Tomorrow night, I may take the kids to a free showing of "How To Train Your Dragon" at a small local theater (even though we already saw it in the theater when it first came out).

In between, I'll probably do some laundry.

Sunday, nothing planned. It'll be hubby's day off so we'll spend the day together and relax.

Nothing exciting!

You and Judo mom should get together!!! Good luck to your dd at her first class! And, good for you, walking on the treadmill! I run during my dd's ballet class each week. LOVE IT!

Sounds like a relaxing weekend!

Allergy shots tomorrow morning.

Then, heading over to Radio Shack to get a new phone.

After that, library to get my reserved books.

Sunday I'll be too busy playing with my new phone to do much else.

:lol:

I want a new phone!!!! You'lll have to let us know what you found!

1. Run a marathon.

2. Do nothing.

LOL, I think dh has the hardest part - he will be shuttling our 6 ducklings to and fro to different places along the race to cheer me on!

No, dear. YOU have the hardest p-art!!!!! REALLY! Woohoo!!!!!! Which marathon is it? Good luck!!!!!!

No, dear. YOU have the hardest p-art!!!!! REALLY! Woohoo!!!!!! Which marathon is it? Good luck!!!!!!

It's the Richmond Suntrust. It crosses the James River and for some reason, I am really looking forward to running on the bridges. I'm a little worried, though, I've been having weird lower back pain and abdominal cramping all day. I hope it goes away!

Saturday early AM I am taking daughter to take private school admission test. She should be done by 12:30. I am going to come home and hopefully drink coffee, knit and not much else.

Sunday I will be out the door at 5:30am to drive my daughter to skating practice. Pick her up at 8 then hopefully go back to sleep for a tiny bit. Either we will relax at home (my choice) or head back to skating rink around 11am so my son can skate.

I realllllllly need a child free weekend.

I planning on a long run (for me that's 6 miles :D, maybe 7)

Cleaning my bathrooms and changing the linens (put mattress covers on as well! My bed bug protection plan )

Going to Lowe's and buying the paint and supplies to paint my cabinets!

Start taking the hardware off the cabinets.

The cabinet project starts mid-week when most of my clan leaves for vacation. My oldest and I are staying behind for her school. I'm going to spend my free time painting.

I want a new phone!!!! You'lll have to let us know what you found!

I'm getting the LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile. My old phone plan went out of business on Halloween, lol. Ever since they announced it, I've had my eye on this phone.

The monthly plan is great. $25 a month for unlimited web/data/messaging and 300 minutes. But, the phone is $150 :glare: That, is the catch. You can only buy from the list of 5 phones they offer. The lowest two have really bad reviews so I'd prefer more expensive to actually last than cheaper to keep replacing.

I've been selling stuff left and right on Ebay to save up for this phone, lol.

Tonight and tomorrow night dd12 is a Bird Girl in a play.. Seussical the Musical, so we will be busy with that.

The rest of the weekend will be cleaning house, finishing small projects and selling things on Craigslist. We hope to put our house on the market after the holidays, so we are trying to whittle things down now.

Tonight three of my four children are out. Anyone want a very cute 4 yo little girl? :lol:

This weekend, I hope to:

2. Clean out my guest bedroom

3. Catch up on my grocery shopping

4. Finish painting the dining room

5. Order the area rug for the living room

6. Pick the contractor for our family room

I think that's it!!!! How about you? I'm making my to-do list after a glass of wine and suddenly it seems easier!!!

:svengo: I do NOT envy you.:glare:

I'm going to work my butt off. I took this week off from school. I've been decluttering BIG TIME and scrubbing the downstairs now that OUR contractor is almost done. Things are SHINING again. Once I finish scrubbing and wash the rest of the windows I will bring in our portable island that I just stained and put some kitchen items in it. (we will remodel our kitchen but honestly, I just can't handle another construction project right now!!!) I will also bring up ALL the books from the basement, now that the new carpet was laid in the library and the walls are freshly painted. It's the only room downstairs with carpet. LOVE it. I will also assemble the huge cat tree I bought for this library. I've been slowly unpacking everything to put on my shelves in there. Pictures are hung and I want to get some sheers for the windows to protect the antique photos. The desk and closet are organized. I've told kids to STAY OUT, nothing in there is for them. So it should stay clean. :001_smile:

Once I'm done downstairs I will tackle the bedroom. It's already been decluttered but I have tons and tons of framed pictures of my family, mostly kids, in stacks in my room. I don't know what to do with them all so for now I will remove all the pictures and store the frames in a tupperware container. I will completely organize the room again (it's not bad, I won't allow it to get bad) and will spray and clean the carpet. Again, I want new carpet (must have carpet in my bedroom!!!) but I can't take another project right now.

I hope to get the bathroom painted within the next few weeks.

I need to scrub my car and detail it inside and out. I need to clip back all the dead perennials now that we've had a very hard frost.

I will be decorating for Christmas in a few weeks, right after we cook a huge feast for Thanksgiving.

I need a vacation.:glare:

Some of you ladies have great things planned!

Tomorrow morning, I'm meeting a good friend for coffee, then I'll do some laundry and clean the bathrooms. Ds1 has a soccer tournament that begins late tomorrow afternoon. My son's team has been undefeated for 3 straight seasons. For the first game, my son's team recently beat the opposing team 10-0. So, we're planning on having to play at 8:30 Sunday morning. From there we'll head to church, then there may be a game at 1. The end of the year soccer party is later in the afternoon. Thankfully, we love all the kids and parents on this team! :)

Sunday evening, I'll organize my school things for the week, and then RELAX.

Thanks to the never-ending rain we have had lately, and the resulting mud :cursing: , we are going to be fencing all weekend (in the aforementioned rain and mud), so that we can move our pigs to better pasture. I can not tell you how excited I am.....and here I was looking forward to the weekend.

Krista

This weekend:

My husband will be out of town.

I will have dinner with my sister.

My younger son will perform in a youth orchestra concert in another city.

My older son will attend a college fair.

We will all visit my mom and dad.

I will finalize my Thanksgiving menu for 25 people and figure out where I will seat all those people in this little house.

Ds#1 just left to spend the weekend with his father, so I'm getting a break from puberty insanity.

Community board meeting insanity, grocery shopping insanity, baby preparations, and lots and lots of naps (hopefully!)

I'm in desperate need of some down time!

Next weekend is my down time! I hope you get some sleep!!!

1. Library sale.

2. Nothing--I haven't seen dh in *forever,* so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) turning off the a/c & (even better) maybe a fire & then just his face. :001_smile:

Awwww. Enjoy your time with him!

Saturday early AM I am taking daughter to take private school admission test. She should be done by 12:30. I am going to come home and hopefully drink coffee, knit and not much else.

Sunday I will be out the door at 5:30am to drive my daughter to skating practice. Pick her up at 8 then hopefully go back to sleep for a tiny bit. Either we will relax at home (my choice) or head back to skating rink around 11am so my son can skate.

I realllllllly need a child free weekend.

How did the test go? I hope you get to bed early tonight! 5:30 is early!!!

I planning on a long run (for me that's 6 miles :D, maybe 7)

Cleaning my bathrooms and changing the linens (put mattress covers on as well! My bed bug protection plan )

Going to Lowe's and buying the paint and supplies to paint my cabinets!

Start taking the hardware off the cabinets.

The cabinet project starts mid-week when most of my clan leaves for vacation. My oldest and I are staying behind for her school. I'm going to spend my free time painting.

6 miles is a long run!!!

I'm LOL about your bed bug protection plan. That's been my latest obsession - keeping those buggers OUT of my house!!!

Have fun painting!!! I'm nearly done with the dining room. I should post pictures here. I just love painting - it's so simple and the end result is wonderful!

This weekend, I hope to:

1. Go on a 4 mile family hike.

2. Restock my Atelier box for our next module.

3. Finish Christmas shopping.

4. Work up a new school schedule with more balance.

5. Run - week 5 day 2 of couch to 5K

6. Finalize and gather things for our Thanksgiving menu.

How's it coming? I wish I could finish my Christmas shopping! I'm waiting for things to go on sale.

I'm getting the LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile. My old phone plan went out of business on Halloween, lol. Ever since they announced it, I've had my eye on this phone.

The monthly plan is great. $25 a month for unlimited web/data/messaging and 300 minutes. But, the phone is $150 :glare: That, is the catch. You can only buy from the list of 5 phones they offer. The lowest two have really bad reviews so I'd prefer more expensive to actually last than cheaper to keep replacing.

I've been selling stuff left and right on Ebay to save up for this phone, lol.

That is a good price for the monthly fee. Unlimited!? I'd need more than 300 minutes, but it sounds promising!!!!

Tonight and tomorrow night dd12 is a Bird Girl in a play.. Seussical the Musical, so we will be busy with that.

The rest of the weekend will be cleaning house, finishing small projects and selling things on Craigslist. We hope to put our house on the market after the holidays, so we are trying to whittle things down now.

The play sounds fun! How did it go?

Good luck getting your house ready to sell!!!

:svengo: I do NOT envy you.:glare:

I'm going to work my butt off. I took this week off from school. I've been decluttering BIG TIME and scrubbing the downstairs now that OUR contractor is almost done. Things are SHINING again. Once I finish scrubbing and wash the rest of the windows I will bring in our portable island that I just stained and put some kitchen items in it. (we will remodel our kitchen but honestly, I just can't handle another construction project right now!!!) I will also bring up ALL the books from the basement, now that the new carpet was laid in the library and the walls are freshly painted. It's the only room downstairs with carpet. LOVE it. I will also assemble the huge cat tree I bought for this library. I've been slowly unpacking everything to put on my shelves in there. Pictures are hung and I want to get some sheers for the windows to protect the antique photos. The desk and closet are organized. I've told kids to STAY OUT, nothing in there is for them. So it should stay clean. :001_smile:

Once I'm done downstairs I will tackle the bedroom. It's already been decluttered but I have tons and tons of framed pictures of my family, mostly kids, in stacks in my room. I don't know what to do with them all so for now I will remove all the pictures and store the frames in a tupperware container. I will completely organize the room again (it's not bad, I won't allow it to get bad) and will spray and clean the carpet. Again, I want new carpet (must have carpet in my bedroom!!!) but I can't take another project right now.

I hope to get the bathroom painted within the next few weeks.

I need to scrub my car and detail it inside and out. I need to clip back all the dead perennials now that we've had a very hard frost.

I will be decorating for Christmas in a few weeks, right after we cook a huge feast for Thanksgiving.

I need a vacation.:glare:

Wow!!!! You have been REALLY busy! But, I bet your house looks AMAZING!!! I'd definitely hire the car done. You deserve it!!!

Our project for the family room is fairly small and won't take long. We're having built-ins built.

P.S. Good luck on your long run tomorrow! You must be getting close to your marathon!!

Thanks!!! I'm done! And, I'm sore!! 18 miles!!! Woohoo! I can't wait to hear about your marathon!

Mine is January 9th at Disney. I have two more long runs (20 − 23 miles) and a bunch of 12 milers.

Some of you ladies have great things planned!

Tomorrow morning, I'm meeting a good friend for coffee, then I'll do some laundry and clean the bathrooms. Ds1 has a soccer tournament that begins late tomorrow afternoon. My son's team has been undefeated for 3 straight seasons. For the first game, my son's team recently beat the opposing team 10-0. So, we're planning on having to play at 8:30 Sunday morning. From there we'll head to church, then there may be a game at 1. The end of the year soccer party is later in the afternoon. Thankfully, we love all the kids and parents on this team! :)

Sunday evening, I'll organize my school things for the week, and then RELAX.

Enjoy the soccer game!!!! Good luck to your ds!

Thanks to the never-ending rain we have had lately, and the resulting mud :cursing: , we are going to be fencing all weekend (in the aforementioned rain and mud), so that we can move our pigs to better pasture. I can not tell you how excited I am.....and here I was looking forward to the weekend.

Krista

Ugh. Not fun! But in the end it'll be SO nice.

This weekend:

My husband will be out of town.

I will have dinner with my sister.

My younger son will perform in a youth orchestra concert in another city.

My older son will attend a college fair.

We will all visit my mom and dad.

I will finalize my Thanksgiving menu for 25 people and figure out where I will seat all those people in this little house.

Tomorrow: Epcot

Sunday: Animal Kingdom

I'm tired...

Awesome!!!! I'm jealous!!! Please tell Mickey and Cinderella that we'll be there in two months.