Menu

2 of the Gosselin kids expelled from school....

Ridiculous-They didnt have 19 kids to get a show. They do that for religious reasons.

LOL, speaking as a mom expecting her tenth, a show couldn't possibly make up for the energy, stress, time, effort, love, and everything we pour into our kids. The Duggars may be famous because they had 19 children, but they haven't sold out their family for fame. They haven't sacrificed everything they believe in to make a buck. I feel blessed that we've been let in to see a peek into how their households run. To see what it looks like when Mom keeps a meek and peaceful spirit, to see what it's like when sibs look out for their beloved younger sibs. It's good to see a Mom who keeps her babies near & dear to her because she feels it's her God given duty... Do we really think that Michelle couldn't trot hither and yon for interviews? The Duggar girls are pretty - surely they could highlight their hair, dress them up differently, and "market" them to make a few bucks, right? But no. They are sticking to what they believe. Like it or lump it, they can't even be put near to the same category.

And honestly? I'm heartbroken for Jon, the kids, and yes, even Kate. Because some day, when the money is gone, and it will be, she'll look back at what she sold her beautiful babies out for her and she's going to be sitting in ashes... Ashes of a wrecked life. I'm so sad for her I can't even think. Do you know the pain and the torment that whole family is going to face in five, ten, twenty years? The torment they face now? Why? Because it SEEMS worth it - what they get seems like more than what they give. :(

Give them eyes to see Lord, give them eyes to see.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never watched. You can't help but know what's going on just by going through the check-out at the grocery store and seeing the tabloids.

:iagree:There's that, too. And the commercials. And, she was on Dancing with the Stars last year. She didn't make it very far into the season IIRC, but they still went on and on about her personal exploits -- and her hair. For some reason, her hair was very important. :confused: Whatever.

So I'm curious how many here who feel that Kate is emotionally abusing her children now (and yes, I used to watch sometimes - not a Kate fan) are currently tuning in?

Because, it's ironic to me that people continuously discuss what a wretched witch she is and then tune in, pushing up ratings, and encouraging TLC to keep going on a show they should obviously cancel.

Really, if you're currently tuning into the show, how could you possibly criticize her and not feel that you shouldn't be turning it on?

Just sayin'.

I'm not. I've seen a few bits of a couple of episodes in the past and couldn't watch. However, I live semi local to her...between media and mutual people that have known her...I'm just rather disgusted by the whole public display of their train wreck of a life, let alone the trotting their children in front of the tv.

:iagree:There's that, too. And the commercials. And, she was on Dancing with the Stars last year. She didn't make it very far into the season IIRC, but they still went on and on about her personal exploits -- and her hair. For some reason, her hair was very important. :confused: Whatever.

Exactly.

I had a somewhat similar thought: "wow, he is carp as a husband". I think we're both onto something! :D

LOL. I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I only saw it MAYBE 3 times, and the only one I can remember anything about was when he was fixing up a room for the kids, and she kept getting on his case about everything.

LOL. I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I only saw it MAYBE 3 times, and the only one I can remember anything about was when he was fixing up a room for the kids, and she kept getting on his case about everything.

We only watched the show 2 or 3 times and that was my feeling - that she treated him like absolute..ahem..carp. It was almost like watching a sitcom - you know, the wife is all knowing and put together, the husband is a big, dumb doofus who couldn't live without her. I hate it on sitcoms, but I REALLY hate it on a reality show!