Menu

2 of the Gosselin kids expelled from school....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this story.....2 of the younger kids are now being homeschooled because they were expelled for bullying.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/12/kate-gosselins-kids-expelled-bullying-children-report-claims/

Sad.

I guess this doesn't surprise me...look at their mother.

Ds wants to know if they were caught on camera.

:lol: How much do you bet someone is paying big $$ to keep that "private"?

Not to sound ominous but more of this story will come out soon enough. There are people working behind the scenes to help these children. Kate has gone off the deep end and it's worse than most people realize :(

Do you know the family personally?? :confused:

Not to sound ominous but more of this story will come out soon enough. There are people working behind the scenes to help these children. Kate has gone off the deep end and it's worse than most people realize :(

I think she is obsessed with the money and "stuff" because if she focuses on that she doesn't really have to look at the pain in her life.

"number one concern is protecting her children and is keeping this personal situation as a private matter that she works out with her kids."

Hmmmm . . .maybe they should have thought of this before turning their lives into a media circus . . .just sayin' :rolleyes:

Seriously though, my heart aches for these kids.

"...mom Kate Gosselin's "number one concern is protecting her children and is keeping this personal situation as a private matter that she works out with her kids."

Too bad this hasn't always been her number one concern. Poor kids. Everything they do wrong will now be broadcast to the world. They are like the Kennedys - they won't be able to pick their noses without having it discussed on The View or Larry King.

I hope that the kids ultimately thrive in spite of the fish-bowl life, the sometimes questionable choices of both their parents and the divorce.

I also must say that there is NOT always a direct line between parents and a child who bullies.

I think it's funny/ironic that the headline mentions KATE but not Jon and this thread, so far, is scathing about her.

I hope that the kids ultimately thrive in spite of the fish-bowl life, the sometimes questionable choices of both their parents and the divorce.

I also must say that there is NOT always a direct line between parents and a child who bullies.

I think it's funny/ironic that the headline mentions KATE but not Jon and this thread, so far, is scathing about her.

I can't stand Jon. The media does love to pick on Kate, but she makes it easy for them to do so. Personally, as a former single mother I know it isn't easy for her even with the money. She has 8 kids for crying out loud - that is a job no matter who you are.

Because on the show, she was the bully and he was the one being bullied.

Veering away from what you said, Joanne, and thus a general comment:

I suppose it varies by school, but based on the kind of bullying that goes unpunished by schools around here, it makes me wonder if the bullying wasn't pretty bad. But - you can't read that into what has been reported.

I hope the children thrive also.

I agree with you about a direct line between parents and children, but in this particular case I disagree. Kate is a bully...plain and simple.

Jon is a spineless worm...

I wish they'd use the term "tutoring" instead of homeschooling because it seems more honest somehow; I just don't think Kate is going to be the one doing any of the teaching. LOL

Oh, I don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say her type-A personality might have her considering "real" homeschooling, researching it thoroughly, then giving it a shot... for two days. ;)

Personally, I think she's been off the deep end for a long time. I don't think she really cares about the kids, except as a way to earn her some money and fame. Someone needs to put a stop to the show, before it's too late for those kids. Very sad.

:iagree: I think she let the fame get to her head. I watched part of the first season, but couldn't stomach how verbally and emotionally abusive she was toward her husband -- and that's what we SAW! I bet it was worse behind the scenes.

Because on the show, she was the bully and he was the one being bullied.

Veering away from what you said, Joanne, and thus a general comment:

I suppose it varies by school, but based on the kind of bullying that goes unpunished by schools around here, it makes me wonder if the bullying wasn't pretty bad. But - you can't read that into what has been reported.

Where it was a private school they may have stricter rules and better follow-through about bullying. If you have paying customers complaining, you're a lot more likely to listen.

It is interesting that so many have judged her to be so vile, from watching a HIGHLY edited version of one hour a week. Or are you using that statements and paparrazi type reporting to make that judgement as well?

Yes, she is a strong type A. Someone needed to be in the house, with that many children. I often think the type A's just pull up their pants and let it run fierce if they feel they have to, to keep the situation in hand, if there is no one else to do it.

I didn't see the school make a statement. So, is she the first parent who have had children act terrible? 2 out 8 with some behaviour issues, and that makes her a horrible parent? So they do have filming in their lives, but they also just had a pretty horrible divorce that their parents went through. As with any child going through that, does that count as anything towards their behaviour, or is it JUST that Kate is a bad person and bad mother? WHAT does she do that you think she is a bad mother? I mean, truly, WHAT have you actually seen on the show, since that IS the only way you see her and the children, that makes you think she is a bad mother???? Is it the fact that she is capitalizing on the 15 minutes of fame, to make $$$ for her family? Should she sit at home and wait for Jon to do that???? She is a single parent supporting her family. She is just lucky enough to be able do it in a way many of us are not. The whole "filming is harming the children"....hmm, well only time will tell that. None of us know that for sure.

Such horrible, judgemental statements from people who have never met her or her children.

I haven't met them either. I have watched the show quite often. I haven't seen her do anything that I would considered "bad parenting". Maybe not how I would have done it, but then again, I bet many of you parent in ways that I would not.

Really, people, I mean REALLY.

"number one concern is protecting her children and is keeping this personal situation as a private matter that she works out with her kids."

Hmmmm . . .maybe they should have thought of this before turning their lives into a media circus . . .just sayin' :rolleyes:

Seriously though, my heart aches for these kids.

:iagree:

It is interesting that so many have judged her to be so vile, from watching a HIGHLY edited version of one hour a week. Or are you using that statements and paparrazi type reporting to make that judgement as well?

Yes, she is a strong type A. Someone needed to be in the house, with that many children. I often think the type A's just pull up their pants and let it run fierce if they feel they have to, to keep the situation in hand, if there is no one else to do it.

I didn't see the school make a statement. So, is she the first parent who have had children act terrible? 2 out 8 with some behaviour issues, and that makes her a horrible parent? So they do have filming in their lives, but they also just had a pretty horrible divorce that their parents went through. As with any child going through that, does that count as anything towards their behaviour, or is it JUST that Kate is a bad person and bad mother? WHAT does she do that you think she is a bad mother? I mean, truly, WHAT have you actually seen on the show, since that IS the only way you see her and the children, that makes you think she is a bad mother???? Is it the fact that she is capitalizing on the 15 minutes of fame, to make $$$ for her family? Should she sit at home and wait for Jon to do that???? She is a single parent supporting her family. She is just lucky enough to be able do it in a way many of us are not. The whole "filming is harming the children"....hmm, well only time will tell that. None of us know that for sure.

Such horrible, judgemental statements from people who have never met her or her children.

I haven't met them either. I have watched the show quite often. I haven't seen her do anything that I would considered "bad parenting". Maybe not how I would have done it, but then again, I bet many of you parent in ways that I would not.

I can tell you that my judgment is NOT based on tabloids and the show itself. Kate has some serious problems and the children are acting out as a result of the constant filming. They are not protected in the same way as other child actors. They do NOT have enough safeguards in place.

Jon has made some poor choices in the past year but he IS trying to change that. For the record, he did NOT cheat on Kate. She ended the marriage in Oct. 08. She told him it was over then but needed to keep it a secret due to TLC contract. Reality tv? Not so much.

There were cameras in the children's bedrooms while they slept recording their every move. There was professional lighting installed in every room in their old house including the kids' bedrooms but not in Jon and Kate's room.

These are children, not actors. They cannot give an informed consent. Their childhoods and privacy are gone because their parents sold them to TLC.

I pray that those children someday have some sort of normalcy in their lives. Sadly with those two horrendous, crackpot parents, it's not likely.

No I do not know her personally but I know people who do. Even highly edited, you have to own your actions. And both Kate and Jon's actions have been deplorable. When you put yourself in the public eye, people are going to scrutinize you. That's the risk they took and I reserve my right to judge.

Edited by LaissezFaire

Could her children be acting out because of the DIVORCE????or who the heck knows what goes on while they are at Jon's house? we see Kate being a very involved mother, we have NO CLUE what Jon is doing with them.

You cant say its because of the media. Look at the Duggars...how many of their kids are freaking out because they are "constantly filmed?" Filiming may have nothing to do with it.

My friends child punched a kid in the face in Kindergarten. They aren't on TV and they are good parents. Some children just do things.

We only see one little tiny part of their lives.

Could her children be acting out because of the DIVORCE????

This is my guess, too. Kids can start acting out during any kind of change, even moving.

I know that my kids would not be able to handle being filmed, though. It's probably a combination of these things.

I think the whole family needs to go into therapy. :(

I

So they do have filming in their lives, but they also just had a pretty horrible divorce that their parents went through.

Do you know her personally?

How do you know her divorce was "pretty horrible"?

Just like everyone else you are basing it on what you have seen on tv or read in the papers.

I went through a "pretty horrible" divorce. I had 3 restraining orders and the police at my house nearly every day. My kids were never expelled from school.

She choose before her kids were born (or soon after) to invite cameras into her home. Do you think people would not be discussing her?

I saw pictures online recently of her pumpkin picking with her kids. Fake hair, fake tan, high heels (because everyone wears spike heels to go pumpkin picking :confused:), kids in matching outfits and cameraman. Yup, I'm voting for Kate Gosselin as mother of the year.

Where it was a private school they may have stricter rules and better follow-through about bullying. If you have paying customers complaining, you're a lot more likely to listen.

Not necessarily. I was bullied in a private school. The bully's parents are paying customers too--and there were several of them and one of me.

True - but actual expulsion is not usually a first line punishment. It leads me to believe that there was a pattern that was not curtailed by other lessor punishments like detentions and even a suspension.

I feel horrible for all of them. Every decision you make being judged and every move you make being filmed, then edited into what the producers want it to be.

I think she was facing a very hard road with 8 children, and not enough $ to raise them and they took what lifeline they could. They just didn't think it was going to come with an exploding stick of dynamite at the end.

I feel horrible for all of them. Every decision you make being judged and every move you make being filmed, then edited into what the producers want it to be.

I think she was facing a very hard road with 8 children, and not enough $ to raise them and they took what lifeline they could. They just didn't think it was going to come with an exploding stick of dynamite at the end.

I feel badly for the children...I do NOT feel badly for the adults. (I won't even call them parents. :glare: )

The adults CHOSE this lifestyle -- the cameras, being in the spotlight, etc.

I think it's ridiculous to blame the Gosselin's problem on the media. There are many other families that have their story on TV...NONE of the others have gone down the road that the Gosselin's have CHOSEN.

I feel badly for the children...I do NOT feel badly for the adults. (I won't even call them parents. :glare: )

The adults CHOSE this lifestyle -- the cameras, being in the spotlight, etc.

I think it's ridiculous to blame the Gosselin's problem on the media. There are many other families that have their story on TV...NONE of the others have gone down the road that the Gosselin's have CHOSEN.

Yes, because when we make a decision, we get the crystal ball to look in and forsee all coming our way-to the next generation. Which is why all people make good choices all the time, and with wonderful outcomes.

I have never met Kate (or Jon) and I bet you I can tell you one thing she would say, and I would put money on it--good money. I can guarantee you she would say, "I never knew it was going to be like this."

First let me say that I don't appreciate or like who Kate and Jon have become but in reading all of the posts so far, I have to say that most of you are being very rude. Yes, the kids have issues as do their parents, but why rip the woman apart, especially when I doubt any of you know her or her situation personally. She and her husband made a choice, a long time ago that has turned out to be a horribly bad choice, but it's done. Obviously the kids are affected by it, but these kids are no different from the very kids in our own neighborhoods. Let's move on to something more important and let this family work out their problems. Hopefully this will be the end of this show...which by the way has become incredibly boring....and let's remember that this very thing could happen in our own homes. I'm sure that all of us have much better things to do than to sit here and bash someone they don't know. I know I do.

Do you know her personally?

How do you know her divorce was "pretty horrible"?

Just like everyone else you are basing it on what you have seen on tv or read in the papers.

I went through a "pretty horrible" divorce. I had 3 restraining orders and the police at my house nearly every day. My kids were never expelled from school.

She choose before her kids were born (or soon after) to invite cameras into her home. Do you think people would not be discussing her?

I saw pictures online recently of her pumpkin picking with her kids. Fake hair, fake tan, high heels (because everyone wears spike heels to go pumpkin picking :confused:), kids in matching outfits and cameraman. Yup, I'm voting for Kate Gosselin as mother of the year.

No, I don't know her, but I am not judging her either. Aren't most divorces pretty horrible? It doesn't take reading the National Enquirer to know that a divorce is horrible, regardless of who it is. So what if she has fake hair, fake tan and wears heels? Have you never had a perm? Do you not use a curling iron? Do you not wear makeup? So, yeah, her shoes would not be my choice either, then again, if I knew was I was going to be JUDGED by everyone, perhaps I would. After all, it is how she is making her income, by being "famous".

I am not saying it is wrong to discuss her. They are on TV, so of couse we should discuss. But the way everyone is judging her as worst mother ever??? Really? I mean, did the father not participate in the life for first five years? Then what happened? Does he not own any of the "behaviors" the children are exhibiting? I don't see them having sold their children to TLC any more than any of the other people on reality shows..and there are many out these days. Maybe we should stop watching. Then no one would care ,and the shows would stop being made.

I just think there is a difference in saying "I would not do it that way" and "She is the worse mother and person every because of the choices she is making". That is essentially what many here are saying....pretty harsh words until you have lived in those shoes. How many of these same people who are judging so harshly are calling themselves Christians?

As far as that person, who keeps talking in scary, deep undertones as if you know them, tell us then, how, since you apparently know them in real life. If you can share the details, then share how you know.

Not necessarily. I was bullied in a private school. The bully's parents are paying customers too--and there were several of them and one of me.

Notice I said "may have" stricter rules and that there is "more likely" they will listen to paying customers. I worded it carefully. I know there are plenty of exceptions :001_smile: I DO think it is more likely a private school will listen because money talks and school reputation means a lot more in a private school since people choose whether or not to go there. I know bullying happens everywhere, but some private schools have strict no-bullying policies and actually enforce them.

Exactly. The horse has left the barn, people.

I dont fault them one bit for doing the show. What were they supposed to do when Jon's medical insurance wouldnt cover the kids??? There is no way he could pay for all their care. The show allowed them to pay their bills and have a life. Those kids get so many opportunites they never would have had otherwise. Kate always said that is why she did the show. It wasnt like she popped out 6 kids at one time to get a TV show. She chose not to selectively abort those babies, and then she ends up a single mom trying to provide. How many single mothers of 8 kids can afford to provide for their families? I would have done whatever I could in that situation to provide for my kids.

She could have done many worse things.

I doubt that she anticipated all the things that were going to become of this.

Reality TV does not have to be detrimental. No the kids dont get a say in it, kids dont get a say in lots of things. They have grown up with those cameras and the crew. Its second nature to them, they know no different. I cant see blaming it all on the fact that Kate chose to put them on a show.

NO ONE would look perfect on reality TV.

You make some very good points.

Just from watching the show, I would say the bullying was probably learned from the twins. The older girls really push around the younger ones. And this probably comes from jealousy, which can only be natural after having 8 new brothers and sisters sucking up all the attention you once had. Add in the show and the attention they get from that and that jealousy probably grows exponentially.

I'm not a big fan of the twins but I can understand why they act the way they do.

Just from watching the show, I would say the bullying was probably learned from the twins. The older girls really push around the younger ones. And this probably comes from jealousy, which can only be natural after having 8 new brothers and sisters sucking up all the attention you once had. Add in the show and the attention they get from that and that jealousy probably grows exponentially.

I'm not a big fan of the twins but I can understand why they act the way they do.

When I read the title of the thread, I figured Mady was one of the ones who had been expelled.

Can I just say, "Who cares?" I don't watch the show. This family holds no fascination for me.

But might I ask why those of you who watch the show and hope that the cameras/lifestyle don't affect the children too badly don't just turn it off? If there are no ratings, if no one gave a rats paootie who this woman and her family are they wouldn't have a show.

Is this woman famous for anything other than having 6 kids at once and 8 all together?

Can I just say, "Who cares?" I don't watch the show. This family holds no fascination for me.

But might I ask why those of you who watch the show and hope that the cameras/lifestyle don't affect the children too badly don't just turn it off? If there are no ratings, if no one gave a rats paootie who this woman and her family are they wouldn't have a show.

Is this woman famous for anything other than having 6 kids at once and 8 all together?

:iagree:

Also,

I have ZERO tolerance for bullying. Whether these 2 children were suspended or kicked out of school--it was not a minor infraction like not sharing or because they were having a bad day and being little terrors. For the parents to allow their childrens behavior to escalate to being kicked out--does not say much about their parenting skills--no matter how famous or infamous the parents are.

I can tell you that my judgment is NOT based on tabloids and the show itself. Kate has some serious problems and the children are acting out as a result of the constant filming. They are not protected in the same way as other child actors. They do NOT have enough safeguards in place.

Jon has made some poor choices in the past year but he IS trying to change that. For the record, he did NOT cheat on Kate. She ended the marriage in Oct. 08. She told him it was over then but needed to keep it a secret due to TLC contract. Reality tv? Not so much.

There were cameras in the children's bedrooms while they slept recording their every move. There was professional lighting installed in every room in their old house including the kids' bedrooms but not in Jon and Kate's room.

These are children, not actors. They cannot give an informed consent. Their childhoods and privacy are gone because their parents sold them to TLC.

Judy, are you related to them or something? Just wondering sense you seem to be posting from an 'insiders' perspective. :lurk5:

QUOTE]

My Dh is very easy going and fun to be around. Everyone thinks he is wonderful (including me). I'm the only woman who has to live with him, though, so no else sees how his pleasant personality manifests itself in our marriage. He is a good husband and father, but he does NOT do anything with the kids or around the house unless he feels like it. He is quite capable of watching football all Saturday while I unpack boxes and set up house from a move and then complain about nagging when I ask him to take the empty stack of boxes out to the garage.

I love my Dh but he has his faults (as do I). But if you see us about town and I make a sharp comment to him, I probably felt like I wasn't getting any support from him. I'm not a nasty person and I'm not a natural nag. I don't ask him to do house work, but I would like him to watch the baby for me on Saturday so I can do things that need to be done.

Bottom line is that you cannot know what is going on in someone else's marriage.

Judy, are you related to them or something? Just wondering sense you seem to be posting from an 'insiders' perspective. :lurk5:

No, not related. I have some connections to some of the "behind the scenes" people and have met some relatives, etc.

My biggest issue with that whole situation is the fact that the children have had some of their most private moments documented for the world to see and have not given consent to do so. The chickens that they had on the show had more safeguards in place than the children.

The children have had to work when they were sick, hurt and upset. They aren't just "playing" like Kate suggests. Scenes are set up and there are retakes. It's not just living their life with cameras in tow.