Menu

Questions Easy Classical schedule users

nknapp5

I've just came across this guide and am really liking it. I'm always having trouble getting my lesson plans, knowing what to read when, and incorporating VP cards and such. So I found this and I think it looks great. If you aren't familiar with it go to easyclassical.com. Anyhow my questions, I use saxon, VP cards, and spelling workout. I know nothing about the other subjects IEW, Shirley English and Phonics pathways, how do they compare to WWE, FFL, and OPGTR? (which is what I use now) For those of you who use this schedule do you use all their recommended curriculum? I just want to know likes and dislikes before I get it. The whole guide seems simple enough that I should make my own, but don't have time :)

Any help would be appreciated!

I bought the main schedule for second grade but end up using it as a reference while I make my own weekly plan. I found that I was tweaking so much I wasn't able to use everything. Plus, we do Classical Conversations on Mondays, and so my schedule needs to be modified to a four-day week.

But, it inspired me to make a weekly template that works well for me. I'd be happy to share it (Word format) if anyone wants it -- it would be easy to tweak for yourself. Just PM me your email.

I am using the plans for 1st and third. I do use some of the recommended items that correlate with the schedules. The rest is moslty sources recommend from WTM and I add them to the schedule based on the books suggestions for how many days a week to schedule them. It is working VERY well for us. I like having a schedule to go by as this is my first year and I find it very tedious to breakdown books for finishing by the end of the year. I also love that the schedule already comes in a binder with tabs!