Menu

Three cheers for NaNoWriMo

We decided to do NaNoWriMo this year with my girls. My dd9 has gotten so excited about it. We have been working through the elementary workbook and she doesn't want to put it down. This is my child that has been an extremely reluctant writer until now. I just heard her say to her sister, "I am dying of suspense and I am the writer". :lol:

My DD is doing NaNoWriMo and having a blast. She's always written stories, but has rarely finished her longer ones. This is forcing her to stay the course. She was panicked about a possible plot hole she had made and we talked about how to work around it. So much fun!

I'm glad your DD is enjoying it. :001_smile:

Dd10 and I are loving it, too. I feel like your dd! What is going to happen next? Even I get surprised by some of the things my characters do. :tongue_smilie: Dd10 was stuck yesterday, so we looked at some of the dares at the young writers site. She chose one and got rolling again. I love dd's main character. Dd put so much detail into developing her before NaNoWriMo started. It is great fun! I always wanted to write a novel. :)

my 14 year old DS is doing it with me as well. he's always wanted to write and just never did...well, not only is his writing improving, his typing is too! i've promised him a small treat every 10,000 words, like a new CD, and if he wins he gets whatever game he wants for the Wii.

i'm actually surprized (and maybe a little jealous?) at how good his story is.