Menu

Has anyone found a decent walkie talkie for kids to play with?

My dh and I have a set of motorola 2 way radios that we like pretty well. I don't have access to them right now so I don't know what model they are, but they are several years old anyway. I just did a quick search and you can get them from about $40-$150. I don't think ours were expensive ones.

The best one we found was the Hello Kitty Walkie Talkie. We have a set and they work very well. Not sure of the range, so you'll have to read the information. (Dd says range is 2 miles, but we've never tested it.)

This is a good walkie talkie and we sometimes use it when we're camping. Dd plays with it around the house a lot. The only drawback is they are pink and look "girly" (for son). Other than that, they're great. Better than "toy" quality. Cost around $30.

http://www.amazon.com/Hello-Kitty-Family-Service-Communicators/dp/B00097E820/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1289580419&sr=8-1

For $25-$30 you can get a set of real motorola walkie talkies. We bought ds a set several years ago. After reading the reviews on amazon we went this route because they were only a few dollars more than the kids sets, but they are more durable and have a much greater range (6 mi. I think).