Menu

IEW Writing Workshop

jec3113

We just got home from a writing workshop with Andrew Pudewa. It was amazing! Both kids loved it. I am so glad that we are using this program! My 8 year old son sat for 2 full hours, on the front row, with his hand in the air participating the entire time. As soon as it was over he said "Can I do this again sometime?" WOW! He was so thankful for the opportunity to do this.

If you ever have the opportunity for your kids to participate in one of his workshops, do it! It was a wonderful experience and I just wanted to share.

As a former English teacher, it is a secret fantasy of mine to have my kids actively participate in a writing workshop. Secretly I want all my kids to be writers (or actors, as I'm also a former director). I know probably they will not get as fired up about writing as I do, but it is good to know that there is hope out there. We've lightly used IEW this year and it has opened a door to writing for my reluctant writer, but it hasn't inspired a passion as of yet.

How exciting for you as a mom and a teacher! So happy for you!

DS 8 Wasn't "excited" for the first few weeks. Then one day the "which clause" thing just clicked and now he is really enjoying it. Today, he said that it really helped him to understand it all even better. Yay! Totally worth the trip. After the tears in public school over the dreaded journal writing, this is a dream come true!