Menu

Have we started a "What Christmas Gifts Are You Asking For" thread yet?

If yes, can you plz link me? If not, I'll start it!

Dh and I aren't exchanging since we just bought a beautiful new kitchen table set instead. I just bought some clothes, etc., so I am ok there.

My dad/stepmom, mom/stepdad will get me some little things, so this is my list so far:

-16 oz pottery mug

-Thinksport bottle

-Exfolia cloths

-pj's

-Bible on CD

-slippers

Pretty dull, I know! I'm hoping to glean some more ideas from YOUR lists-lol!

I tend to be a pretty practical gal when it comes to gift time (drives my mom a little nits, actually); I think this year is the least practical my list has ever gotten. :D My list this year is:

- a pair of pretty, brown dress boots

- replacement Birkies (mine finally died this summer)

- a bottle of Anais Anais perfume

- a new freezer to replace our broken chest freezer

- a gift card to download some music or to buy books on Amazon

- money toward a new camera

DH and I both enjoy playing games so that's a big thing on my list this year:

Pandemic

Memoir '44

Arkham Horror

Lost Cities

Shadows over Camelot

I'm also asking for a desk calendar with artwork on it:

http://www.amazon.com/Page-Day-Gallery-Calendar-2011/dp/076115759X/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2RJH2FY1HNR9Z&colid=3CH8Q6COVAQ67

Guest RecumbentHeart

We don't do Christmas but I'll pretend :D

a Kindle

sexy lingerie (would it be wrong for me to count this as a gift FOR DH instead of FROM him?)

a winter coat

a new handbag

a pedicure

Other than asking Santa to please bring Little Bean, who is due on the 3rd, no later than the 3rd of December, I have no idea. ;) My MIL usually buys me something really cool for the kitchen (I love her gifts that are kitchen related - usually a beautiful cookbook and some cook stuff from William's-Sonoma). My mom always gets me a great pair of pajamas, which I love too. Otherwise, I really have no wish list.

Sorry, I just was informed by PM that there was a recent thread not wanting this type of Christmas gift thread due to people hurting financially this year.

So we can just let this thread drift off into oblivion. Although I don't think I was being offensive or insensitive by mentioning my parents might get me new pj's or a coffee mug! :) (Even the new kitchen table, we used the old one for over 20 years!)

so ours will be less dramatic as it usually is. We all are like "We're old enough, there really isn't much we want". I told my kids and husband I want a memory book. I have severe loss of memory due to some medical treatments I recieved over the years. There are a lot of events that I can no longer remember. It saddens me when one of the kids or Dh starts talking about this event or that and I have no memory. If they write this book for me it will help me feel in some gaps and who knows when I get dementia in the future perhaps it will even help then.

Since this is a terrible time economically I have to add....

When dh and I first got together it was hard to buy for one another. We were doing well and bought as we needed throughout the year. Our first year we splurged but by year 2 we realized it would be more fun to do something theme related so we started a :

"Buy/Make/find the most thoughtful gift you can for $20 or under." Ok, truthfully, it started as "romantic gift" but 3 kids later has turned into "thoughtful" ;).

One year he bought me an antique silver baby spoon (I was pg with our first DS then). Another year I bought him a book that he looked at and said "OMG you remember me saying....." Just goofy thoughtful things that mean a lot.

Just a fun, cheap theme.....