Menu

Lesson plan for the poem In Flanders Field and WW1

That's neat! It was something that I did not know until today.

with David Tennant - set iin 1917. (The Family of Blood). At the end, he and Martha were at a British memorial service for the vets, and they wore the poppies. I have to confess, we watched that episode last year when we studied WWI - just for fun. and we read flanders field to understand why the poppy was significant.

with David Tennant - set iin 1917. (The Family of Blood). At the end, he and Martha were at a British memorial service for the vets, and they wore the poppies. I have to confess, we watched that episode last year when we studied WWI - just for fun. and we read flanders field to understand why the poppy was significant.

Oh, my! I'll have to get it off Netflix! Thanks for the heads-up. We're great Dr. Who fans (as you can see);)

And I was going to suggest another book by Linda Granfield, a more global book about World War I and its effect worldwide: Where Poppies Grow: A World War I Companion. Also, if your children have ever read Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery (a sequel to Anne of Green Gables), Where Poppies Grow explains in further detail what it was like in Canada during World War I.