Menu

s/o Fast Food - Favorites? Most Visited? Least liked?

For those of us who actually go to fast food (no matter how frequently), I'm curious about three categories. Which do you like the most? Which do you visit the most? Which do you dislike? Pure curiosity here.

For us:

Most liked:

Boston Market

Popeyes

Chick Fil A

CiCi's Pizza Buffet

Jack in the Box

Jrecks (local sub chain in northern NY)

But all of them are too far away for us to visit too often.

Most visited:

McDonalds

Taco Bell

Arbys

Subway

All are fairly close to us.

Don't like and seldom go to even though they are close (but not never):

Wendys

Burger King

KFC

Quiznos

Sonic

Hardees

Panera

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Anyone else willing to share?

For those of us who actually go to fast food (no matter how frequently), I'm curious about three categories. Which do you like the most? Which do you visit the most? Which do you dislike? Pure curiosity here.

For us:

Most liked:

Boston Market

Popeyes

Chick Fil A

CiCi's Pizza Buffet

Jack in the Box

Jrecks (local sub chain in northern NY)

But all of them are too far away for us to visit too often.

Most visited:

McDonalds

Taco Bell

Arbys

Subway

All are fairly close to us.

Don't like and seldom go to even though they are close (but not never):

Wendys

Burger King

KFC

Quiznos

Sonic

Hardees

Panera

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but those are the ones I can think of at the moment. Anyone else willing to share?

We love Chik-Fil-A, but only eat there about once every two months.

Second choices are Subway and Burger King. We rarely eat fast food any where else.

We eat out on Sundays. Each family member gets to pick one Sunday a month. We don't have a set plan for the months with 5th Sundays.

Subway

Firehouse Subs

Zaxby's

Captain D's

McDonald's

Taco Bell

Wendy's

Chick Fil A

Most Visited:

Subway (love the $5 footlongs)

McDonald's

Firehouse Subs

Taco Bell (love the fresco menu)

Dislike:

Long John Silvers

Rarely go, but like:

Krystal

Burger King

KFC

Arby's

Chick Fil A (not open on Sunday)

Wish we had here:

Skyline Chili

Boston Market

I guess I can admit this here! I LOVE McDonald's french fries!!!! I haven't had them in years, but I do love them!

None of my kids like fast food. We used to use it as a treat when we traveled, but the kids never filled up because they hated most of it. I guess that's a blessing, but now I have to bring our food when we travel by car!

We only eat fast food once every 2 weeks or so and it is usually Panera or a similar "upscale" sandwich shop that is local.

We occasionally (maybe once every 2 months) eat traditional fast food and it is always chik fil a. Generally on a miserable day so the kids can enjoy playground time. Once in a while we get milkshakes from sonic and when we are traveling on the west coast we always stop once at an in n out burger.

Other than that my kids won't eat fast food. They don't like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, etc and won't even eat subway (they complain about the bread).

We don't have many choices in our area.

Someone listed Panera, which I don't really consider "fast food" but, since it's on the list, I'll mark that one as my favorite. :D I probably only get there once a year or so, though.

They built a Sonic a little over a year ago, about 30 minutes away. We've stopped there while running errands 3-4 times since they opened, and everyone seems to like that.

Our closest places (15-20 minutes) are McDonalds, Burger King, a Taco Bell/KFC combo, and a few Subways. Sometimes I tell the kids it's BK or nothing, but they usually push for McDonalds. No toys though. ;) Dh frequents Taco Bell. Blech!

We pretty much never go to the traditional fast food places - McDonald's, Wendy's, etc.

Subway (or Quizno's) is our emergency we're out and need something now place.

Five Guys is our unhealthy splurge once or twice a month.

California Tortilla is probably my favorite. I also really like Chop't, if anyone knows that place (it's all salads).

Dh is also known to take the kids to Chic-fil-et after ballet. Maybe because it rhymes. No, wait, because they like it. He's also been known to take them to Pollo Campero. Sigh. I guess it's better that he feed them when they're out. He never, ever takes snacks of any kind. I'll even pack him a bag and he'll leave it here.

In our immediate vacinity (and therefore visited most frequently):

McDonald's (literally right across the street, kids are veggie so mostly fries and shakes. I like their new smoothies)

Great Wall of China (about a block away, finally we haven't had a good chinese take out in forever)

Papa Murphie's (right next to chinese, favorite for pizza)

Pizza Hut (also right across the street, favorite for buffalo chicken)

Subway (same strip mall, one of kids favorite, they get veggie sandwiches)

Taco Bell (a little bit further down the street but still within walking distance)

Captain D's (right next to Taco Bell, hubby and I only, kids don't eat meat)

If we want to drive a little bit further (maybe a mile or two):

KFC ( kids eat sides, I love the chicken)

Sonic (all around favorite because there is something for everyone and they have the best drinks)

JJ's Bar-b-que (hubby and I only, kids don't eat meat)

If we go to town (15 miles away):

Otter's Chicken (my favorite, kids like too because the have fried pickles, mushrooms, and cheese fries)

Maniac's (hubby favorite)

Arbys (kids favorite, remember they are veggies :confused:)

Jason's Deli (a family favorite, lots of choices and free ice cream)

Chick Fil A (for some reason, everytime I want to go, it is Sunday :glare:)

Jack in the Box (when we want something different)

Steak 'N' Shake (we usually only go when we visit the dr. because it is right by the building)

Moe's

Also directly across the street from us but never or hardly ever visited because we don't like them:

Wendys

Burger King

When we visit my dd in GA:

DQ because there isn't one close here.

By far the all time favorite and largest money sucker: Starbucks (one about a block from the house, one in Target and one in Kroger's plus one near dr., and several in town. This is basically a meal replacement. A venti drink takes the place of a meal.

I think that's all the basics. There are a few others that are much farther away that we visit occassionally but nothing else on a regular basis.

There are very few places that everyone in the family likes.

For the whole family, our favorite is Wendy's. The kids love french fries and frosty's. We drive thru once or twice a month usually when we are on our way to or from somewhere. I was very upset when they stopped offering the taco salad. Oldest dd loves the boneless honey bbq wings.

I like Arbys Rueben and spicy fries but only very occasionally (once or twice a year). We have one fairly close but there's nothing there the kids will eat.

Oldest dd loves Subway or Quiznos - grilled chicken with ranch dressing, onions and lettuce. Once again, nothing there the little guys will eat so usually she just runs in a picks up something when her schedule is too crazy for her to be home for dinner.

My absolute favorite though (is this considered fast food?) is Panera. I LOVE there broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl, there chocolate chip bagels. Oldest dd loves the bc soup. For the littles - they have mac&cheese, apples and chips which both little guys will eat. Little dd will also eat the yogurt tubes and share the bc soup.

We do get pizza a few times a month from a local pizzeria that delivers. Chinese food is a rarity although oldest dd loves it.

Which do you like the most? Which do you visit the most? Which do you dislike? Pure curiosity here.

Like Most:

Subway

Jimmy John's

Chick-fil-a

Blue Coast Burrito

Most visited:

We don't eat much fast food, but most visited would probably be CFA and JJ's. Subway if we're traveling. Used to be Blue Coast, but ours closed. :(

Dislike:

McD's - like the fries, but if I eat there I feel awful, so we just don't

Wendy's

Burger King

Taco Bell

KFC

We love Chick-fil-a and probably go more than we should! We have a Sonic right by our house, we do not like the food but love the drinks and ice cream treats. I would pretty much pass on all other fast food, except maybe Wendy's if I needed somewhere to eat. Oh, and my husband and I like Five Guys.

As a family, we go to sit down restaurants all the time. So, fast food is only for me and the kids when we are out doing errands or appointments or if the family is traveling.

I don't like most fast food, so I don't go to those restaurants very often. The only one here that I like is Taco Bell. DH goes, and sometimes takes the kids, to BK, McD, Wendy's, Subway, Pizza Hut, and Sbarro.

Now, if we had a White Castle here all bets would be off. I love their cheeseburgers with a passion. I turn into a glutton when I'm near one.

We like Subway and Sonic. Sonic only for their happy hour half off drinks though. :)

My Sonic people know me. But only for the drinks. I'd have to be pretty desperate to eat the food.

Someone else mentioned Zaxby's - I'm drooling. That was my absolute favorite back home.

We do McDonald's sometimes. Arby's sometimes. Papa Murphy's for pizza.

There aren't a ton of choices here and it has really cut down on our fast food consumption. McAllister's is probably the place we go the most and it's no more than once a month.

I love, love, LOVE Taco John's- but alas, we live hundreds of miles from one! I only get to go when I go home to visit my parents.

Sonic- I can't believe there are people who don't like Sonic! Although 95% of the time that we go there, it's only for drinks. Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper or Chocolate Cherry Coke anyone?

Arby's

Jimmy John's

Quiznos

Taco Bell- but only steak chalupas, everything else is gross.

Culver's

Pizza Hut

Dairy Queen

Dislikes:

Burger King

Wendy's

McDonald's

i'm a vegetarian ~ so i don't eat most of the stuff from "fast food" places. dh & the kids do though and the most common one they use is burger king - mainly because it's just down the road. after that, the next two would be mcdonalds and a local pizza place - both close by as well.

oh i do like subway because i can get an awesome veggie sub there ~ i don't really consider them as "fast food" though..i guess because they're healthy :laugh:

ETA: we have a quiznos here but i've never been to it...are they as good as subway?

My favorite is Chipotle. It's really good, and I like that they get their meat from humane sources.

We rarely eat out, and my objection to fast food is less about health (I don't think an occassional indulgence is going to hurt anyone) and more about the fact that I don't like to buy meat from industrial farms, and I don't like to support the business practices of places like McD's.

If I went to a traditional fast food place, it would be Chick Fil A.

Faves:

Chipotle

Jack in the Box

Sonic

Most visited:

McDonald's

Taco Bell

Subway

Wendy's

Burger King (roughly in that order)

The ones most visited are mostly visited because they are the least expensive. Last time we went to McD's, for example, I got a jr cheeseburger for DD, a spicy chicken sandwich for me, and a large coke and medium fry for us to share. Total: $5.01, and that was splurging because often we don't get a soda. We eat Subway a lot because DH likes it and it's cheap, esp. when you get things like the 3 12-in. sandwiches for $12 deal.

ETA: we have a quiznos here but i've never been to it...are they as good as subway?

You'll have to try it to see what you think. We've tried them twice and don't care for the place at all. Obviously, tastes differ.

Many of the fast food places people are listing are some I've never even heard of! I'm looking forward to college visitations this coming spring to see if we come across any of them in our travels... When we travel we have a policy of not eating ANYWHERE we can eat at when we're home. We all love it...

Fast food? On our budget it's once or twice a month if that and we go for the $ menus.

Favs: Mc'ds - but only because they have a decent $menu, Wendy's same reason, Popeye's for an occasional Sunday lunch out because you can't beat two pieces of chix and a biscuit for $1.99, Carls Jr (Hardees to some of you) as a very special treat. It's a hands down favorite for all of us, but definitely above our normal means, even if we "eat cheap".

Don't like BK except their ham and cheese croissant, hate, loath and despise their ice tea. Yuk-phoeey! Taco Bell, mmm...very, very seldom, only a couple of us like them (me, not much) Sonic, only if we happen to be up in the city and happen to have money for eating out. Not my fav - but the kids like it.

I tend to stay away from places that don't have fresh brewed ice tea. Weird I know, but I can only do soda once in a while and when I do I want Coke. The rest of the time ice tea is my drink and it has to be good.

Very limited choice in our area. The closest, Mcdonald's, is four miles away. There is a BK right by it, and about seven miles away is Mcd, BK, Wendy's, Arby's, Subway, DQ, Taco Bell, and Five Guys. That's it. You would have to drive 45 miles to get to more fast food.

The kids like the nuggets and fries at Mcdonalds. DH and I like Five Guys. My own second choice is Wendy's. But, over time, the selection is so monotonous that even with a choice (meaning enough cash) we eat at home.

I'll go to Taco del Mar now and then. Saaaaaalty (in a good way).

I can't call it a favorite, I suppose, as I haven't been there in 25 years, but I'll always love Mighty Taco in Buffalo. How can you not appreciate a place that puts on the sour cream with a caulking gun? Oh, and Ted's hot dogs.

On the rare occasions that we eat out, we go to:

Subway

KFC (the grilled chicken is doable on WW)

Taco Bell (alfresco menu only--not great, but better than the other menu items)

Panda Express

Panera (if you go to Panera's website, they list their menu items by ingredient, so you can see the calorie content of each and decide what to leave off your order.

Chipotle (same with Panera as far as nutritional info on their site.)

Mc Donalds (only as a last resort. If we do ff, it's drive-through, and you can't easily eat a salad and drive. Or at least, I can't)

Don't like/won't eat at:

Sonic (will go during happy hour for half-priced drinks. I like their peach tea)

Burger King

Hardees

Long John Silver's (and this kills me, because I LOVE their fish!)

Arby's

Steak and Shake (I like them but they're too greasy)

I agree with the poster who commented on iced tea. That stuff from the fountain is nasty. I want fresh-brewed, unsweetened tea. Sonic, McD's, Subway all have decent tea. BK? No way! LOL

We don't eat at fast food places much. We use to...but they are kinda far away. Now I like the Chinese buffets as well.

Checkers (had these in FL, but not in SC or anywhere near me anyways :( I love their fries!!)

McDonalds

KFC

Taco Bell

Subway

Dislike:

Wendy (except their chili and frosty which I love together)

BK (yuck)

Arby's

Hardees ( I worked there as a teen, don't ask, you wouldn't want to know!)

Want to try:

Zaxby's (we have these in SC and I want to try them, but I get ruled out all the time!)

(Funny story: Christmas Eve last year, went out late to pick up some things, realized everything was closed up here. I wasn't used to SC way of things. So we ended up having Jack in the Box for Christmas dinner, I felt like such a bad mama! I will never do that again! LOL!!!)

We ate at McDs a lot when we first moved here last year. It was the first time in 7 years we lived in a town with fast food. That got old really quick.

Of the choices we have in town, McD's, BK, KFC, Subway and Pizza Hut, I think the one we like best is Subway. It still gets old quick though.

Of our choices when we go to our next closest large town we can Taco Bell and Arby's to the list. In that case we are about 50-50 for which one we go to.

If we drive 2 hours we can add Quiznos and I think a Wendy's. We don't eat at either, although I like Quiznos better than Subway. If we drive that far we usually eat at on of the sit down restaurants.

Of those first you named, we only have Chic-fil-A and Cici's. My boys love the Chic (and Cici's, too), but I think Cici's is total garbage. Also, I'm allergic to something in their dough and it breaks me out, so I never, ever go there.

I have pretty much stopped going to McGarbage all together. Sometimes in a pinch I'll run a boy through a drive through, but I can't even stand the smell of their food any more....

We do eat at Arby's some - the most of all those named thus far.

In my opinion, Subway's meats are an open invitation to listeria, etc. and I don't like vegi's on a sandwich, any way. They give you 3 little, thin slices of meat and it's a waste of money (again, in my opinion)....

Taco Bell is cheap, South American beef raised off the back of ravaged rain forests. Meat as paste. No thanks. My older son eats there (he's on his own)....

I don't go to any of the rest except Panera, which I believe recently won top healthy fast food place in the nation. We go to Panera pretty often, although I really don't like their mix of soup offerings....

My older son eats at Sonic quite a bit....

Chipotle is liked by a lot of folks, but I can't stand wet meat, so I'm not really a fan.... It's definitely cleaner and healthier than some other fast food places.

We often eat a burger at either Culver's or Steak-n-Shake.

We often eat at Schlotsky's Deli.

We sometimes eat at Fazoli's, although I really don't like much of what they offer (every time they put something on the menu I like, it must not sell, because they take it right off again)....

Like:

Chick Fil A

Chipotle

Taco Cabana

Burger Box

In-n-Out (we don't have one near us right now, but it's coming next spring!!!)

Dislike:

McDonald's (our entire family gets sick after eating there - every time. So Never. Again.)

Burger King (as I tell my kids, bad food + bad service. They disagree, but I'm the one driving :tongue_smilie:)

Most Visited:

Chick Fil A, by far. In fact, the last two weeks I was pregnant I ate there every single day - no exaggeration. It was the only thing I could even stand to think of eating.

I'd love to say we don't eat fast food often, but right now we just do. We probably have Chick Fil A for lunch once a week, and then my husband and I order pizza for our Stay At Home Date Night every Friday. :D

After reading Fast Food Nation, I could never willingly visit a conventional fast food place ever again. Dd has been to McD's exactly once in her life, with friends.

I didn't really think of Panera as fast food -- we do go there maybe once a month. A few times a year dh orders take-out pizza, but I loathe it and can't eat it.

I'm totally spoiled by cooking at home, but the problem is I don't always want to do that and we can't afford more expensive places.

Does anyone hate frozen dinners as much as I do? I want so desperately to like them, especially ones like Amy's, but I really think most of them just taste terrible.

Does anyone hate frozen dinners as much as I do? I want so desperately to like them, especially ones like Amy's, but I really think most of them just taste terrible.

I have yet to try a frozen meal that I've liked. Of course, I also quit trying them a long time ago, so I'm not sure what's new out there. I don't really feel like finding out either.

Otherwise, so many people had mentioned Zaxby's that I had to look them up on the computer. Next time we head south I'm going to see if there's one along our route and give them a try.

In and Outs are mainly out west, aren't they? I don't think we're heading out west anytime soon. All of our travels over the next couple of years are going to revolve around college visits and family neither of which will take us out west. I think the college the farthest west at this point (that we might look at) is Washington U in St Louis. Do they have In and Outs in St Louis?

My family likes Chick-Fil-A and Qdoba the best if we have to eat fast food. We like Boston Market too. And Sonic will do in a pinch. For breakfast, it's definitely Bojangles.

We don't go to Cici's because most of us get sick when we eat there, and the pizza's cheap but not very good in our opinion. We don't go to Wendy's, Hardee's, or Burger King, Taco Bell, or KFC at all. I used to love McDonald's fries until they stopped using oil with transfats in it, so we rarely go there any more. I understand that transfats are not healthy, but eating an order of fries about once a month wasn't going to kill me. :glare:

ETA: I was reading some of the other posts and saw that sandwich places are included. We don't like any of the chains except Honey Baked Ham and McAllisters. I think we got spoiled with the local delis and sub shops when we lived in Baltimore.

Edited by LizzyBee

I can eat the Boston Market or Marie Calendar frozen meals in a pinch, but I don't love them. Some of the new steamable meals are not too bad.

Most liked:

Chick-Fil-A

In-N-Out Burger (very fattening, but sooo yummy - a rare splurge)

Panda Express (learning to get the healthier items now that I'm on WW)

Pick-up-Stix (does this count as fast food? I go here by myself)

Subway

Starbucks (love the turkey bacon sandwich, skinny lattes, passion tea, fraps)

Most Visited:

Chick-Fil-A

Panda Express

Subway

Sonic (usually dh and ds - although I love the onion rings)

Starbucks

Least liked:

McDonald's

Taco Bell (although ds LOVES it!)

Wendi