Menu

Your Favorite Romantic Movie Scenes

sparrow

:iagree:

Have to add this one:

I also love the soppy immature 80s flick SOMEKIND OF WONDERFUL where tomboy Watts(Mary Stuart Masterson) helps her best friend Keith practice kissing in the car repair shop on the car...of course we fans know how it turns out:D. Actually both kiss scenes in that movie are romantic in a soppy sort of way; the movie's totally immature (high school love drama) but it's stuck with me as an old fave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_fMzvnuKk

YESSSSSSSS! I almost posted this as my third choice! I watched it earlier today when I first posted the topic, and wow, Eric Stoltz , yeah, Eric Stoltz. The scene has always stuck with me, too. Whew!

Have to add this one:

I also love the soppy immature 80s flick SOMEKIND OF WONDERFUL where tomboy Watts(Mary Stuart Masterson) helps her best friend Keith practice kissing in the car repair shop on the car...of course we fans know how it turns out:D. Actually both kiss scenes in that movie are romantic in a soppy sort of way; the movie's totally immature (high school love drama) but it's stuck with me as an old fave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar_fMzvnuKk

Ok...I debated, but I'll list the 2nd great romantic/kiss scene I was referring to in SOMEKIND OF WONDERFUL with the SPOILER ALERT disclaimer:

Well... it's not totally romantic, but... wow!

In Phantom of the Opera when the Phantom has staged his own opera and Christine has gone on stage... she is frightened... he is full of confidence and power... their song, the building of the tension of the scene... I can't help but wish Christine would fall for him!!! And that drives my kids up the wall. I think the phantom has much more passion than her boyfriend...

Anyway...

Lol.

Oh my, how can I have forgotten that scene... (where's the sweaty smilie?)

I love this thread. It's making me smile!

You all named such good scenes. I also found myself wishing that Christine would choose the phantom in the recent film version.

Elizabethtown is really, really good, as well as The Young Victoria.

Anyway, I'll admit that I really like the scene in Twilight where Edward sneaks into Bella's room and they finally kiss on her bed. I can believe I'm admitting that. Here. :leaving:

What Dreams May Come when Robin Williams travels to hell to save his wife from her misery and sorrow. It is by no means romantic in the Pride and Prejudice way, but it is among my favorites. Maybe it is sacrilegious, but the idea of a man loving a woman enough to reach into her hell and refuse to leave unless and until he pulls her out .......wow, I am so grateful for a man like that.

Lot's of great memories here. Forgot about the leaning, Some Kind of Wonderful is a favorite of mine too. My favorite romantic movie is Love Actually, there are too many scenes to count in that one, but some favorites include the lake scene with Colin, Hugh tracking down Natalie, when, oh shoot can't remember the name of the actor or chacter--the caroling scene with the posters.:D

I just loved the romantic ending of Dicken's BLEAK HOUSE (the new movie made by BBC Masterpiece theatre). Love the music and everything about it. Cried and cried at the end of this movie (thus I asked for it for Christmas :-). As is everything by BBC Masterpiece Theatre, it's a must see IMO.

• 2 years later...

Some favs already mentioned:

North & South - absolute favorite kissing scene

Wives & Daughters

Bleak House (yes I am a British Period Drama fan)

Pride & Prejudicne (both versions)

While You Were Sleeping (both the leaning and the proposal scene)

Ones I haven't seen mentioned:

Little Dorrit (w/ Matthew McFadyn)

Can't believe no one has mentioned Anne of Green Gables =n the bridge

Victoria & Albert (like it better than Young Victoria) - "Marry first, fall in love later"

Emma - both the new one and the one with Gwyneth Paltrow

Fireproof- the scene in the fire station gives me chills - "If I havenzlt told you I want to grow old with you, I do"

One Night with the King

Oh and Last of the Mohicans

Can't link from my phone. Sorry

I love all those British period dramas, too. I love both the A&E and the 2005 P&P movies a lot. I love Colin Firth. I'm also a sucker for Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, together or separately.

This is a fun thread. I might have to rent something tonight . . .

Twilight...yes...I am admitting it.

As a teen I loved Some Kind of Wonderful. I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me!

Speaking of teen faves, I love the end of Sixteen Candles when Molly Ringwald has the candlelight birthday cake with her dream guy. Now I want to watch that movie again!

I'm not much into chick flicks so the closest I can come would be when the Doctor leaves Rose at Bad Wolf Bay or the scene in Top Gun with Meg Ryan and Anthony Edwards where she says, "Take me to bed or lose me forever." I know that isn't romance in the classical sense, but those two characters were so in love.

• 2 weeks later...