Menu

Poll: would you have $$ help if you were in $$ trouble?

Do you have family/friend options when you are in $$ trouble  

1. 1. Do you have family/friend options when you are in $$ trouble

• We have no one to turn to
    • We have places to turn, but it would be difficult for them
    • We have places to turn, but would never hear the end of it
    • We have places to turn where we would be immediately helped

I voted that we wouldn't have anyone to turn to but that's more for the house and medical. If we were skipping meals, I'm sure a friend or two would help out but only to the extent that they saw we were doing something to fix the situation. I wouldn't expect anything more.

This past Christmas, during the year my dh had been laid-off, the threat of losing our house was very real. My mom called to say she was sending a check for Christmas but that it was for the girls, NOT, repeat, NOT to save our house. I'm fairly certain I would've realized that on my own w/o the comment. :glare: It really showed us though that there would not be any help from them if we were in fact going to lose the house. And that's totally okay. I just couldn't believe the rude comment...

:grouphug: jld!

The only one in our family right now who could help us is my mil. She already does help us with a lot, and she must think that we are a black hole for money. I hate it.

Other family members, although they don't have much money, would help however they could, including letting us let live with them.