Menu

WP Animal Habitats for Gr 3-6

MrsMe

DD loves One Small Square books and she wants to do them all.

Since this program uses them, can anyone tell me more about this program? Is it disconnected or does it flow? What is the real age this is good for?

I have all these books already even the encyclopedia. What are the notebooking pages like?

Edited by alilac

MY advice would be to just buy the OSS books and do those. Those were my son's favorite part of the program. I felt (this was the old one) the program was a complete mess as far as organization. I tweaked it so much that it barely resembled the original program. I loved the idea of the program, but the IG was a complete disaster, imo. We have since purchased almost all of the OSS books and have worked through those. My ds still loves those.

LOL, I agree it was a complete mess. I ordered it,:tongue_smilie: which is why I have the books. HA! I ordered it about 6 years ago and it was way over dd's head and stuff didn't line up and I tweaked it then tossed it...except the books. So I am curious to know if this older program is better. We've done a few OSS books from HOD, but we just don't really like the science program. So I'm all ears if this has changed, because I know it could be good and 6 years later is a good amount of time for a fix. But I also don't want to make the same mistake twice even if I would only have to get a few items.

I've done AW and have AS1 now. I'm no longer enamored with WP. I would just use the OSS books, and do the activities in the margins, and supplement with other cool stuff like library books, stuff from google searches, etc. I know I won't be buying anymore of their materials anytime soon, myself.

I used the old AW with my son when he was in fourth grade. He loves animals and needed to work on his fine motor skills. I had him do a lot of the craft stuff and he did most of the reading independently. He really enjoyed the program. I guess it would depend on what you want from the program.

DD loves One Small Square books and she wants to do them all.

Since this program uses them, can anyone tell me more about this program? Is it disconnected or does it flow? What is the real age this is good for?

I have all these books already even the encyclopedia. What are the notebooking pages like?

I did the whole Animals and Their Worlds program, which is the base for Animal Habitats. It was at times disjointed, but that didn't bother us. That said I am going to just go through the books again, series by series instead of doing the program, but that is mostly becuase I don't like their resale policy and don't feel it is worth the cost if I can't resell the guide. I am also too honest to buy it, knowing their policy, then sell the guide anyway.

Heather