Menu

Two questions....

I'm doing some science with my ds4(5 next week!) while my older guys are out of the house.

I told him to shake the test tubes. While doing so, he proclaimed "I'm a mad, mad, mad scientist!".

Then, as he was adding vinegar to baking soda, he told me "I'm doin' a chemicool waction!"

Sigh.

First, why do they have to grow up so stinkin' fast?

And second, why can't teaching reading be as much fun as chemistry :lol:?

Edited by JudoMom

I'm doing some science with my ds4(5 next week!) while my older guys are out of the house.

I told him to shake the test tubes. While doing so, he proclaimed "I'm a mad, mad, mad scientist!".

Then, as he was adding vinegar to baking soda, he told me "I'm doin' a chemicool waction!"

Sigh.

First, why do they have to grow up so stinkin' fast?

And second, why can't teaching reading be as much fun as chemistry :lol:?

Oh but what it lacks in the fun department, it certainly makes up for in the lack of clean-up department. ;)

Oh, and they grow up so fast so that we can make room for more little ones. :D

Enjoy your time with your baby!!

Oh but what it lacks in the fun department, it certainly makes up for in the lack of clean-up department. ;)

I don't know, there's a lot of clean up after phonics here. There's the blood from me biting my tongue, and the hair on the floor that I've pulled out, and the kleenex to throw away from wiping my tears (can you tell I really, really don't like teaching reading?) ;).

Oh, and they grow up so fast so that we can make room for more little ones. :D

Enjoy your time with your baby!!

If only dh would buy that line...:)

Reading ::shudder::

It took me 4 years to teach my oldest to read. He finally learned and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Then I realized I'd have to teach my youngest to read. HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT!?? I mean, seriously--I forgot that I'd still have to teach the youngest to read. It was just so miserable teaching the oldest, that I must have been in some sort of weird denial land about having to start all over again with the youngest.

I hate teaching reading. It is the hardest thing to teach. It's so dang illogical and you have to memorize pretty much half of the language, what with all the exceptions to everything.

Love teaching science.