Menu

Please pray for Jean in Newcastle

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it's me! I'm ok. Well, not really ok. It takes me 5 min. to get down the hall to the bathroom and I'm gasping and coughing for quite a while afterward. But I'm ok. Dh has gone back to bed instead of going to work so I think that means he's staying home today. I really scared him last night. My poor dd cries every time I have a coughing jag. That doesn't help her croup which had gotten better and then has gotten worse again.

A near-by friend e-mailed and said she's coming by to do some housework. She did not ask. Which means that she's a good friend and knows that this is the only way I will admit I need help. (Yes, I know. But I like to look on the positive side of things, you know?)

I will talk to dh more about the medical side of things. He was telling me that the medical director where he works (he's a nurse manager) was in the hospital with the exact same symptoms as mine.

Hey, it's me! I'm ok. Well, not really ok. It takes me 5 min. to get down the hall to the bathroom and I'm gasping and coughing for quite a while afterward. But I'm ok. Dh has gone back to bed instead of going to work so I think that means he's staying home today. I really scared him last night. My poor dd cries every time I have a coughing jag. That doesn't help her croup which had gotten better and then has gotten worse again.

A near-by friend e-mailed and said she's coming by to do some housework. She did not ask. Which means that she's a good friend and knows that this is the only way I will admit I need help. (Yes, I know. But I like to look on the positive side of things, you know?)

I will talk to dh more about the medical side of things. He was telling me that the medical director where he works (he's a nurse manager) was in the hospital with the exact same symptoms as mine.

Feel better soon, Jean. :grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug: Sounds like you have support close by. That's good. Praying for you!!!

She did not ask. Which means that she's a good friend and knows that this is the only way I will admit I need help. (Yes, I know. But I like to look on the positive side of things, you know?)

There is a huge difference between looking on the bright side and being in denial. Go to the doctor. I'm glad your DH and your friend are on the spot to take care of you. A strong person accepts help when they need it. Be strong.

I mostly said all that to bump this because you need as many prayers as possible. I can't resist saying more than "bump" because I'm a loudmouth. :001_smile: Besides which, you are not OK.

Edited by RoughCollie

It could be walking pneumonia and some medicine will clear you up in a jiffy (or a week).

Please, consider that if you allow this to fester too long you could be taking a *simple* issue (fixed with a perscription) and turning it into a BIG issue (fixed with some hospital time).

We need you healthy here, Jean. Oh... and your family does too :lol:

:grouphug:

Praying for you some more :)

have we ruled out pertussis?

there is an epidemic of it here in SoCal, because so many are not vaccinated AND adults need a booster or they can get it, too.

the good news is that if that is what it is, antibiotics work well if you get them sooner rather than later.

get thee to urgent care.... please?

ann

have we ruled out pertussis?

there is an epidemic of it here in SoCal, because so many are not vaccinated AND adults need a booster or they can get it, too.

the good news is that if that is what it is, antibiotics work well if you get them sooner rather than later.

get thee to urgent care.... please?

ann

I've had the adult booster. Dh (an RN) is adamant that it is not pertussis. I'm actually finally able to sleep even though I have to sleep sitting upright in an armchair. If I lie down even with my head elevated, I cough so much that I'm close to vomiting. This is day 3 of a fever that is not high but just will not go away despite alternating tylenol and motrin.

I've had the adult booster. Dh (an RN) is adamant that it is not pertussis. I'm actually finally able to sleep even though I have to sleep sitting upright in an armchair. If I lie down even with my head elevated, I cough so much that I'm close to vomiting. This is day 3 of a fever that is not high but just will not go away despite alternating tylenol and motrin.

I would not be so concerned about the fever especially since it is not high. Your body is trying to kill the virus or bacteria.

Have they checked for pneumonia? Or TB? Since your immune system has been compromised during the last year (or longer?) they should run all kinds of tests.

I would not be so concerned about the fever especially since it is not high. Your body is trying to kill the virus or bacteria.

Have they checked for pneumonia? Or TB? Since your immune system has been compromised during the last year (or longer?) they should run all kinds of tests.

They did chest x-rays at the ER on Sunday. It was negative for pneumonia and TB. I test positive for TB so they always check to make sure it hasn't developed.

No, I'm pretty sure because it has gone through ds a week ago and dd now, that this is a virus. It is a nasty virus though.

I see the fact that I'm sleeping almost non-stop today as a very good sign. It has been so helpful to have dh home. He's cleaned hard all day and has cooked for me too.

They did chest x-rays at the ER on Sunday. It was negative for pneumonia and TB. I test positive for TB so they always check to make sure it hasn't developed.

No, I'm pretty sure because it has gone through ds a week ago and dd now, that this is a virus. It is a nasty virus though.

I see the fact that I'm sleeping almost non-stop today as a very good sign. It has been so helpful to have dh home. He's cleaned hard all day and has cooked for me too.

Resting and sleeping does a body good! I am glad your dh is there as well. It sounded like a bit of a hairy situation the other day with just you and your kiddos at home.

Glad to hear that you seem to be making progress. :grouphug: This is certainly turning out to be a nasty fall health-wise -- we have three out of five down here.......nothing as serious as you, but we had gone more than a year without anyone being ill.

bless him! be well!

ann

God bless your dh :)

Praying for you Jean, I hope you heal quickly.

God bless your dh :)

Praying for you Jean, I hope you heal quickly.

Yes. He's staying home tomorrow too. He never stays home but I am totally unable to take care of myself let alone the kids. Though Monday when he did go to work my kids were such troopers at taking care of me.

I'm hoping he will get my neighbor off my back. She knows exactly how sick I am and calls me every day wanting me to do "just a quick favor". I can barely talk so trying to explain to her has worn me out and just wasn't getting across.