Menu

AP Government

The PA homeschooler class looks GREAT for AP Government for next year. I will definitely do it for my oldest, but my younger one would be 9th. People say he could handle it. Should I pay two tuitions or just have him do it with my supervision using what my oldest is doing as a model??

Christine

I'm not familiar with PA Homeschoolers, but if it's not essential for him/her to participate with the discussions in the class, I'd be inclined to have him/her take the class without registering. If he/she does well, he/she can take the AP test and you can put it on his/her transcript. I'd imagine he'd/she'd be able to discuss plenty with his/her brother/sister after the class.

I had two kids take PAH's AP Gov't simultaneously four years ago. My third took it last year.

I would not recommend only enrolling one for two reasons --

1) Discussions. They are an important part of the class.

2) Essay feedback. Mrs. Califf's feedback on essays is very helpful, and I consider it to be the most important part of the class.

I had two kids take PAH's AP Gov't simultaneously four years ago. My third took it last year.

I would not recommend only enrolling one for two reasons --

1) Discussions. They are an important part of the class.

2) Essay feedback. Mrs. Califf's feedback on essays is very helpful, and I consider it to be the most important part of the class.

Thanks so much. That is what I wondered about. Now, to pay 800 or have them take a subpar course at our CC for only 75 dollars each??

Christine