Menu

Need alarm clock recs for a heavy preteen sleeper.

Ds says he wants to use one, but all that we've tried, he can't hear. :confused:

We knew a guy once who had his alarm clock hooked up to a skill saw. Set up in his bedroom on a work table. It was the only thing that would wake him up.

Not suggesting that you try this of course. ;)

RhondaM.

Oh, my! Ds gets stitches out in the morning from cutting his finger with a pocket knife when trying to see what the inside of a tennis ball looks like. He will not be getting a Skill Saw anytime soon!

Buy the boy a vise. I cut and chiseled open all kinds of things, and the vice was the secret.

Not sure about one, but my brother was and is a heavy sleeper. When he was in high school he would have his best friend call him every morning when he woke up (amazingly my bro can hear the phone ring but won't hear the alarm clock) and blow a whistle in the phone. If my brother didn't call him back in 10 minutes he was to call back and blow the whistle again.

They are now roommates and if my bro doesn't wake up when the roommate comes in to wake him like he asked he goes and gets the whistle.

Ds says he wants to use one, but all that we've tried, he can't hear. :confused:

I gave my dd an alarm clock with a CD player. The next time she starts having problems waking up, I'm going to make a CD of myself, waking her up with increasingly loud and obnoxious phrases. Then, we're going to put the clock across the room so she has to get out of bed to turn it off.

It will go something like this:

(in my sweet, Mommy voice) "A, it's time to wake up, sweet girl."

(pause)

(still nice, but more intensely) "A, get up. It's time to wake up, now."

(pause)

(louder now) "A, wake up! You're going to be late."

(pause)

(quite loudly) "A! WAKE UP NOW!"

(pause)

(Singing obnoxiously, a ditty they used to play on the radio when I was a teen,) "Good morning, good morning. Wake up you sleepy head. Good morning, good morning. GET OUT OF BED!!!!"

(full blown mother voice) "A! I mean it! Get your butt out of that bed right this minute"