Menu

How does this sound for Amer. Lit.?

I have been having trouble constructing my own Amer. Lit. curricula.

I keep thinking back to the Charlotte Mason method but then also seeing where gaps might be if I just read literature.

So, I am thinking I'll study the different time periods for about 4 weeks each reading at least one piece of literature for each time period. The literature reading will be on my own time. During the 4 week study, I'll do poetry, short stories, sermons, diaries on different weeks.

One week will be poetry. The next short stories. The next sermons/diaries. And so on.

Good idea??

If you want a text, another WTMer sent me ISBNs to a great one! Studying by yourself, you could get just the teacher's edition, which is the text with answers to the questions in the margins. Both student and teacher's cost me $17 including shipping (bought used). The text is huge, so you just pick and choose what you want to study in it.

Your ideas sound good to me!

Edited by Susan C.
added

If you want a text, another WTMer sent me ISBNs to a great one! Studying by yourself, you could get just the teacher's edition, which is the text with answers to the questions in the margins. Both student and teacher's cost me $17 including shipping (bought used). The text is huge, so you just pick and choose what you want to study in it.

Your ideas sound good to me!

I don't have money at the moment for that. Paypal is holding my money because one of my father's past issues :glare:

I have a CM related question. How did she expect her kids to read a book in high school? What would she have them do afterwards? Narrate? I always thought that was a bit childish. Is there a specific way she had her older kids do it?

Thanks.