Menu

Sharing tests you have created for Teaching Co courses?

Ds is using the Economics (2nd ed) of TC and I just am not good enough at Economics to make a test for it, (or for his other books for that matter).

And next year my daughter will be doing Human Anatomy and Physio - also a TC course (as well as using other materials).

What I'm wondering is if anyone has created tests that they would be willing to share (and the answers) - for these and any other TC courses that perhaps other people would want?

Thanks!

Joan

What I'm wondering is if anyone has created tests that they would be willing to share (and the answers) - for these and any other TC courses that perhaps other people would want?

Thanks!

Joan

I would love to help you but I don't make any tests.

Dd is using TC Joy of Science videos with the required text Integrated Science. I just have Dd go to the publisher's website and use the quizzes and tests there.

Ds used the TC chemistry videos but more just for a pre-learning before he started the current course he is doing now. He did some of the TC study guide but not all of it and I didn't test him. The chemistry he is doing now he got from a friend of mine who took chemistry over summer at jr college. She gave Ds her materials and she tutors Ds as needed.

I have the Economics course. I haven't used it yet, but I have watched several lessons. I plan for ds to begin the course after basketball season is over.

I don't plan to test, but to require 3 papers. After each 1/3 of the class I will have him write up 5 possible paper topics. Dh, ds, and I will then discuss the proposed topics and choose the best one for his paper. Dh was an economics major, so I will probably defer to him on content, but he wants me to grade the papers for structure and style.

My 9th grader is watching (and enjoying) a section of Physics in Your Life that relates to things he's been studying.

He is summarizing or maybe I should say outlining as he goes. Some lectures require him to have the video open in one window and his Word page in another and slowly puzzle through; others go more quickly. He really likes the lectures but as for getting down the details and the terminology, it's a good challenge for this particular youngest child to sort out the details and get them right (the professor talks fast!). I think it helps him enjoy it more, too, since he isn't filling in blanks or being tested.

Just one way,

Julie

Anita - Thanks for wanting to help if you had them. :001_smile: I do have other tests for a textbook, it is just that the Economics DVD's are at a higher level, so I'd like to test that...

Leanna and Julie - thanks for the paper ideas, though I don't think I'd be able to grade them...but it did give me an idea!

Thanks!

Joan